Ok ok point taken

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Making the decision to take control and doing something about a problem instantly removes some of the stress its causing. Thats why you allready feel better.

Good Luck Gaz I know it wont be easy but your on your way now.

Laying out all my " issues" was a revelation

In that I didn't know I had most of 'em :-)

But also that I can see what potentially caused this and fueled the fire .

I quite fancy a Mexican , talk about running before you can crawl , never wanted to beat this before , never wanted to think about it before

But it's gonna come crumbing down :-)

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Good luck Gaz, sometimes it's the most obvious things that evade us!

It won't be easy but you've started the process and I hope it helps you tackle the issues at hand and see them through

Mexican is GOOOD! Your world will open out so much more.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
And now, I have just eaten these, more tastes and flavours in this packet than In the last 27 years :biggrin:

Now someone needs to tell me how good/bad these REALLY are for me LOL

Lovd'em
114a4d30.jpg

lulubel

Über Member
Now someone needs to tell me how good/bad these REALLY are for me LOL

They're nuts, which is good. They contain protein and mostly unsaturated fat, as well as some carbs. For a "snack in a bag", they look like a pretty decent choice. (And I think Levi Roots is great. I had no idea he'd expanded his range so far since his start on Dragons Den.)

If you want full nutritional information, I found it at Tesco.com
Reggae Reggae Peanuts and Cashews

I just discovered your blog, by the way, Gaz. What you've achieved is absolutely amazing.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
They're nuts, which is good. They contain protein and mostly unsaturated fat, as well as some carbs. For a "snack in a bag", they look like a pretty decent choice. (And I think Levi Roots is great. I had no idea he'd expanded his range so far since his start on Dragons Den.)

If you want full nutritional information, I found it at Tesco.com
Reggae Reggae Peanuts and Cashews

I just discovered your blog, by the way, Gaz. What you've achieved is absolutely amazing.

Appreciate your help

Many Thanks

Gaz

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Keep it up, and good luck Gaz!

It's good that you are trying new things, but I think an important step might be to prioritise foodstuffs that haven't come from a factory. Sweets, snacks, manufactured drinks - they nearly all have stuff added to them that you could do without. Think 'naturally-grown = good, made-in-factory = not so good!'

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Keep it up, and good luck Gaz!

It's good that you are trying new things, but I think an important step might be to prioritise foodstuffs that haven't come from a factory. Sweets, snacks, manufactured drinks - they nearly all have stuff added to them that you could do without. Think 'naturally-grown = good, made-in-factory = not so good!'

I agree Colin

But I only get calories from crisps and as they are so full of oil I really need to cut down, so this step is aimed at lowering my crisp intake till I get things sorted

Next on my list to try is an apple , any suggestions ????

ColinJ

Next on my list to try is an apple , any suggestions ????
Like bananas - apples can be very variable in quality.

There is a huge number of different varieties of apple. You'll have to try them one at a time to find ones which you like. I reckon you will be able to find at least one. If you get some that are a bit below par, don't write the whole variety off. Ideally, if you get them from a market, ask if you can try a slice of one before buying. Most stall holders will let you sample stuff if you ask nicely and become a regular.

I quarter apples and then slice the core parts out, including the seeds. Then I inspect what is left for bruising and cut out any bruised parts. Cut just before eating because apples oxidise quite quickly. They will go brown if you leave them for long. If you only eat half an apple, you can cut the brown part off the other half when you come to eat that. It is usually only the surface which is affected.

Don't stock up for weeks ahead. You want to buy a fresh new bag each week. If you buy them in good condition, don't bruise them and keep them in a cool place, they will be fine for a week.

I gave up on Granny Smiths because you can get absolutely great, sweet ones one week, and the next lot can be horribly bitter. Golden Delicious seem to be pretty variable too.

Cox's can be very good. They should be firm and sweet, but I've had some which are a let-down. Braeburns are also usually good.

My current faves are Jazz apples. A local market stall holder introduced me to them a couple of years ago and I've only had two disappointing bags in that time.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Pink Lady apples are lovely Gaz, as are the Jazz ones Colin mentions.
How about satsumas or oranges?

+1 for everything Colin and Potsy said. Esp re: Pink Lady apples. Since the pick your own season is now upon us, have you thought about that? Cycle to a farm, spend some time in the sun picking strawberries etc, eat at your leisure having selected exactly what you want to eat as part of a bike ride rather than a shopping trip, if that makes sense? (My landlords' cherries are almost ready ... drool :smile: )

ColinJ

Pink Lady apples are lovely Gaz, as are the Jazz ones Colin mentions.
How about satsumas or oranges?
Ah yes, Pink Lady can be very good.

I have almost totally given up on satsumas though. Yes, the good ones can be fabulous, but the bad ones are absolutely inedible! I won't buy any again unless the stall holder let's me pick one at random and eat it before buying! It's obvious that some of them have been sitting in a warehouse somewhere for a couple of years.

Top Bottom