OK.... time to 'fess up to your most cringeworthy moment(s)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
One that often springs to mind is when we stayed a night at a private hotel mid way down France.
We had intended to eat there but the restaurant prices were crazy so we decided to eat what we had in the bedroom. Minibar was also stupidly expensive so we opened our own red wine...........which MrsD proceeded to knock all over the WHITE bedding.
I told management who promptly changed it all.
The really cringe part was when I checked out next morning and she asked "what about the wine from the minibar"? and I had to explain that it was actually our wine. Very embarrasing:rolleyes:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
When I was in the last year of primary school, we were playing rounders in the playground. I went to hit the ball as fast as I could, and as I swung, I farted. The entire class roared with laughter, and my teacher (who was bowling) just said "poor boy!". To make matters worse, I did exactly the same thing about 6 months later at a young farmers BBQ fun day :shy:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Staying in Hathersage for a night whilst up for a weekend of climbing. We were in the Little John. We ate in the pub but the portions were massive. My mate ended up making a giant mountain out of the remaining food on his plate. A bit like in close encounters of the third kind. We could not finish the food, not by a long way. So we sneaked up the road to have a drink in the other pub. When we came back we tried sneaking back through kids play area. They spotted us and asked us about the food...

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Staying in Hathersage for a night whilst up for a weekend of climbing. We were in the Little John. We ate in the pub but the portions were massive. My mate ended up making a giant mountain out of the remaining food on his plate. A bit like in close encounters of the third kind. We could not finish the food, not by a long way. So we sneaked up the road to have a drink in the other pub. When we came back we tried sneaking back through kids play area. They spotted us and asked us about the food...
I'm not really sure why you were sneaking around, unless you hadn't paid for the food ?
I guess I am missing something :smile:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
But choosing one to mention would mean me having to think of several of those moments, which means more will spring to mind, and I've put a lot of time and effort into pushing all those moments right to the back of my mind... which is where they're staying ;)

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
But choosing one to mention would mean me having to think of several of those moments, which means more will spring to mind, and I've put a lot of time and effort into pushing all those moments right to the back of my mind... which is where they're staying ;)
Back in the mid 70's I was fixed up with a date with a girl who I fancied. Her mate did the arrangements. I duly turned up at the appointed time and place only to find out it was a different girl all together. She fancied me, although I didn't know it at the time.
Said date went alright but we never met up again. :rolleyes:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yes, it is like...
such as 'Sugar Sugar' by The Archies
... it takes days to forget again! :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
This one was a friend of mine... (Before anybody suggests it - it was NOT me - when I drank enough to do something as bad as that, I would probably be snoring on a patch of grass in a park somewhere :whistle:).

He got home very much the worse for wear, staggered up to his room and fell into bed. Some time later he realised that he was busting for a pee. He wandered into the bathroom in the dark and emptied his very full bladder into...

... his parents' bedside wardrobe! :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom