ok what do you want bringing back.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
I would love my mum and dad to come back.
… and my young sister

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
A car without centralised locking and all sorts of electronic gadgets that you don't need. There was a regressive step in automotive technology after the Nissan Micra K10.
I like the gadgets on my car, very useful, especially Sat nav, wouldn't do without it and auto looking of doors when I walk away. I must admit some gadgets are just gimmick, like stop start. I always disabled mine .

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I never figured out why newspaper was banned for chips. I don't recall anyone dying from chip wrapper related ink poisoning.
It was the EU greaseproof paper cartel.

I seem to remember Scarborough rock from childhood visits to the seaside. Can you still get that?

Pick up some fish and chips for us as well, while you're over there, @postman

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I never figured out why newspaper was banned for chips. I don't recall anyone dying from chip wrapper related ink poisoning.
The printing process changed from hot plate printing. The ink was more or less dried into the paper. More modern day printing leaves the ink on the top of the paper, and you could see the results on your hands and fingers after reading a paper.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
How about some casual racism, jokes about poofters, Mary Whitehouse, Smog, measle epidemics, rickets, words like mong, capital punishment for people later proved to be innocent, asylums, back street abortions, no NHS, outside loos, gas lighting......
I always come up with a list like that whenever anybody starts harking back to the 'good old days'!

The only good thing I can think of from 50+ years ago is that as a boy I was free to roam about on my bike on semi- empty roads without my parents banning it because of the perceived risks from cars or child molesters.

I have a friend who thinks that the 1970s were great, but that is because he was a young man having fun at the time. No mention of the National Front, IRA bombings, prudish judgemental attitudes, etc.

Drago

Legendary Member
How about some casual racism, jokes about poofters, Mary Whitehouse, Smog, measle epidemics, rickets, words like mong, capital punishment for people later proved to be innocent, asylums, back street abortions, no NHS, outside loos, gas lighting......

Apart from Mary Whitehouse and gas lighting, everything else has either returned or never went away.

screenman

Legendary Member
I like the gadgets on my car, very useful, especially Sat nav, wouldn't do without it and auto looking of doors when I walk away. I must admit some gadgets are just gimmick, like stop start. I always disabled mine .

Why disable it? surely you are just choking the planet when in traffic otherwise, mine is never switched off.

Top Bottom