1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old C+ Ben from Warwick

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Fnaar, 15 Jan 2008.

1. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Ben from Warwick used to make me laugh in the same way that Abitrary does, having (seemingly) a similar sense of the absurd. Anyone know what happened to him after the great meltdown?

2. Slightly OT from this (already!) but I was thinking about another great poster from the C- days - Pete Biggs.

A really nice, helpful guy who would go to great trouble explaining 'bike stuff' for the benefit of muppets like me.

3. i thought about ol' ben from warwick the other day...or rather more vaguely i thought 'who was that really funny bloke from the posh part of the midlands who used to post on C+?'

ho hum

4. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Beacon Ruth and Steve100Milers were a good source of training methodology discussions.

Pete Biggs was quite rude to me on a number of occasions and I had to tell him off in the end.

5. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

HackBike_99 and HeviPedal were always to be found in commuting too.

6. yenrod

yenrod Guest

I can see cobwebs is that dust too..xx(

7. Ha ha! Just because you didn't win the prize for the most helpful... xx(

8. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

halfordswhizzkid worked like a trojan in getting the girls in lycra shorts to the page count it did. no sign of him on br anymore either.

9. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Ruth is still on Bike Radar.

Pete is on ACF - less patient by the day!

10. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

I seem to remember Ol' Hackers getting extremely emotional with me at one point, possibly over a discussion about pedestrians, I thought he was going to have a heart attack and had to back off in the end! xx(;)

11. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Where did Mr Phoebus go? He WAS here til September. I liked his avatar.

12. papercorn2000

papercorn2000 Senior Member

I tried a few times to ressurect what was surely the best thread ever. But you lot are more interested in hot bevereges and bicycles. Shame on you all xx(.

13. simonali

simonali Über Member

My favourites were Safespeed Paul (RIP) and that fuzzy pussy (something like that anyways) from Switzerland. xx(

14. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Some good people lost to ACF in the first mass exodus - such as Fixed Phil.

15. Aint Skeered

Aint Skeered New Member

H.W.K, always a good one to wind up!
    The Great Gatsby, poor bloke used to ride his heart out, then be riddled with guilt because he had just had a skinny latte