Old Campagnolo bottom bracket spanner/tool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriscross1966

Über Member
I've got an old separate axle Athena level bottom bracket I'm wanting to use... the Fixed cup has flats for which I have a suitable spanner... the adjustable side has half a dozen small holes.... does anyone know which tool it is... I did see the UT-BB100 listed somewhere and I'm glad I was sitting down when I did.... surely I don't need a 50 quid spanner for this :-(

D

Deleted member 1258

You might be able to use a hammer and small punch to tap it loose.

OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member
I don't need to get it off ATM, it's when I want to put it on properly that I'm worried. The lock ring I can deal with, it's the weird pin-spanner that the actual cup uses that baffles me

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
A suitably small Allen key (long-arm is better) or similar can be used. Brace against the axle or against something such as a small screwdriver in one of the other holes.

Tim Hall

I think I've got a headset spanner that also has two suitably spaced pins in it for BB adjustment purposes. It's in the garage under several feet of cribbage and it's cold, so I'm not about to go and look though.

D

Deleted member 1258

I think I've got a headset spanner that also has two suitably spaced pins in it for BB adjustment purposes. It's in the garage under several feet of cribbage and it's cold, so I'm not about to go and look though.

I'm sure I've got a two pin spanner in the house somewhere.

Ajax Bay

Guru
I have a two pin spanner like this one that does my late 70s Campagnolo BB - Nuovo Record vintage.
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bik...ice-toolz-adjustable-bottom-bracket-peg-tool?

OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member
That would do the lock ring easily enough, but I think it's too fat to do the cup, it's like this one

s-l1600.jpg

Ajax Bay

Guru
The Hal fords tool is 'like' mine. The image shows the knurled end of the two pins, not the 'business' end. My two pins are 2.8mm diameter, which fits in my BB cup (I use a C -spanner for the lockring, as designed). I suspect your 6 holes are at least 3mm diameter.

OP
OP
chriscross1966

chriscross1966

Über Member
Credit where it's due, ordered it in the shop last night when I dropped in to get a 3/8" square drive 7mm allen key (so I can use it on a torque wrench) and that was around 7pm, got a phone call at lunchtime to say that it's in... will pick it up this evening.....

Top Bottom