Old members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
@compo was another who just stopped posting and disappeared, tis the nature of forums and life in general i suppose , mind you this is the only forum i use , oh and a quick gander on retrobike but not very often. i have met about half a dozen members from here and all seemed like jolly good eggs. @I like Skol , @Night Train @stephec @SatNavSaysStraightOn @afnug @smokeysmoo probably a couple more
I'm still floating about pal. Granted I've not posted a great deal, and in fact I've not been on much at all for a while now, but I'm getting back into a bit of cycling again and I keep dipping my toe in the cool waters of CC :cheers:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I'm still floating about pal. Granted I've not posted a great deal, and in fact I've not been on much at all for a while now, but I'm getting back into a bit of cycling again and I keep dipping my toe in the cool waters of CC :cheers:

Good to hear from you! :okay: :smile:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
none whatsoever.
:laugh: Just an observation. It always seems to be the case that these threads start off as innocent reminiscences, and end up airing the same old grievances against people who aren't around to tell their side of the story, whether through choice or otherwise.

Anyway, I enjoy a good enflouncement as much as the next woman. Indeed I regard myself as something of a connoisseur. But on the whole the place has always been better served by having a broad range of viewpoints and characters, keeping control-freakery to a minimum, and recognising when people (whatever their politics) are acting in bad faith.

Anyway, the confusion and misinformation in this thread is hilarious, so do carry on...

this place is nicer than it's ever been.

not sure if it's the virus hell but it seems to have got even nicer more recently - I'd suspect some ex foes of considering shacking up if it weren't for certain travel complications.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
this place is nicer than it's ever been.

not sure if it's the virus hell but it seems to have got even nicer more recently - I'd suspect some ex foes of considering shacking up if it weren't for certain travel complications.
Other opinions are available. :okay:

Ajax Bay

Guru
They [@Citius and @S-Express] were one and the same
He was one and the same and he saw himself off, not the mods
Constructive dismissal, methinks, Ian:
For some reason, all my posts are now on moderation with no explanation. So I've asked @Shaun to close my account as I'm getting a bit fed-up having to tread carefully for fear of upsetting the forum's more sensitive types.
See ya around
But they both raced in the 90s and broke collarbones in a sprint finish.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Someone mentioned Dellzegg earlier, he was a great bloke. His rides around London were excellent and really informative about the architecture of older buildings. I'm not sure if he was unwell or his wife who's name escapes me. That was the reason I think he stopped organising rides and posting.
Baggy got married to another forumite and moved away. She was known as Bagonabike in the old C+ days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom