Old members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I sort of had a half hearted could barely be bothered attempt at a flounce, but the Sun's "Bring Back Drago!" campaign finally persuaded me to return. Well, that and the huge tax bill from the IRS, so I'm taking any old forum without even reading the script.

Name escapes me, and has since I posted about the same avatar. It's now annoying me because I can't remember.

It's very obscurely related to the new name via The Simpsons.

Was he an engineer on ships? I certainly remember the exclamation marks.

I think he was a marine engineer (if that's the correct title) but land-based and employed in the far east over a number of years. Someone earlier correctly mentioned that he'd taken a position in Wales, but I don't know of his whereabouts now.

And I managed to get out of India two weeks ago, although, in theory, I could have been stranded for months. Many of my British friends are still there awaiting repatriation flights. Up to 20-30,000 Brits are in India, so a lot still needs to be done.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
my flounce was inspired by Brando's portrayal of Colonel Kurtz.
Not Cartman, then?

Of course there is a technical question about whether an enflouncement may be disqualified for being performed elsewhere than the designated arena. And another question about whether subsequent deletion constitutes a Secondary Enflouncement. I would consult Smeggers on the rules but unfortunately he's not here any more.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I don't know why this lyric came to mind reading the last few posts.

"We are programmed to receive
You can check-out any time you like
But you can never leave!"

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Of those mentioned the majority are just names that I vaguely recall, but can't remember anything about them. A few I've never heard of or have forgotten. Some I remember and am sorry they aren't around. Only a couple am I glad to have seen the back of. I won't name them because I think that would be bad form.

Oh, and one is @Drago , flouncing diva extraordinaire ^_^

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
When I first came here (2009???) , new to cycling, I read an account of a tour by somebody called Catherine. She had been doing a solo cycle trip in The Netherlands when she was eight months pregnant, and I was awestruck. I think she went to live in the US. Does anybody know how she is?

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
When I first came here (2009???) , new to cycling, I read an account of a tour by somebody called Catherine. She had been doing a solo cycle trip in The Netherlands when she was eight months pregnant, and I was awestruck. I think she went to live in the US. Does anybody know how she is?
She did go to America,she was a Leeds lass living quite close to us here in Meanwood.

GM

Legendary Member

She replied to a post of mine from way back in 2015 when living in San Francisco. I would imagine she's enjoying motherhood now.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
She did go to America,she was a Leeds lass living quite close to us here in Meanwood.
I remember going on a CC ride with her and her husband and a few CCs back in the day, even the legend that is @Shaun was out on his bicycle that day! From memory there was photographic evidence... A photo of 5 Dawes Galaxies and Shaun party piece of turning of CC for 5 minutes whilst we had a cafe stop. And Catherine was very pregnant on that ride too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom