Old members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin_P

Guru
Out of curiosity, what happened in the "great enflouncement" or "night of the long knives" or whatever it is known as?

For context, I used to do battle (sometimes outrageously) against the "usual suspects" in the politics bit and had great fun doing so. Eventually I was kindly asked to leave the politics bit, which I graciously accepted. Did the "usual suspects" also get kindly asked to leave the politics bit but instead of graciously accepting, storm off in a huff?

Does the politics bit still even exist, not that I ever want to go there again?

To all CC'ers, past and present :cheers:

Drago

Legendary Member
The politics bitmis news and current afairs now. Its mainly the same old people moaning about the same old stuff, and if you dont agree with them you stand a good chance of simply being labelled a bigot. Thus, I rarely venture in.

Colin_P

Guru
The politics bitmis news and current afairs now. Its mainly the same old people moaning about the same old stuff, and if you dont agree with them you stand a good chance of simply being labelled a bigot. Thus, I rarely venture in.

Sounds all to familiar. :okay:

Any idea what happened in the 'great flounce' thing?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Any idea what happened in the 'great flounce' thing?

The nastiness reached such a pitch Shaun, the governor, closed that part of the forum.

Some of the big beasts in there were banned, and a few others flounced in sympathy.

Or just stopped posting, which technically is not a flounce.

A few months later Shaun opened the current news forum with revised rules and guidelines designed to prevent what happened in the original one recurring.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
The funny thing was that the character who did the mega flounce, demanded that all of his posts and data be removed from the forum, threatening to use the GDPA if it wasn't done. He thought he was being so clever, but didn't realise that he'd already previously doxxed himself. Silly boy. :laugh:

Last edited:

stephec

Legendary Member
The thing with a flounce is that it's only a flounce when someone that you don't like does it, if one of your friends does it then they're sticking to their principles.

Remember, one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. 😂

Don't seem to have seen markf for a while. Independent minded poster as I recall, fan of southern parts, fine appreciation of old bikes others might overlook. Don't reply with anything too personal, but I do wonder sometimes. Hope he's well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom