Old racing photos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peugeotrider

An old one I have from about 87.
Myself during a club event on a wet Thursday evening in northern Ireland and launching an attack by the look of it

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1624621628942.jpg
    FB_IMG_1624621628942.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 34

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
A sprint for the photographer? ;)

OP
OP
Peugeotrider

Peugeotrider

Great stuff guys,super photos.
Can you all recall the bikes you used?
I remember when look pedals came out and we all thought the technology behind them was amazing.
I recall buying a used set for maybe a tenner back then and painting them red to look like the pro pedals 🤣

Sharky

Guru
Whilst looking through old photos, I came across this one. Not a racing photo, but is probably the earliest photo of myself, taken when I was about 2 or 3. (I'm the one at the back).

IMG-20201113-WA0002.jpg

I do remember a couple of instances when I was on the back, probably because my dad was riding too fast and it terrified me.

A trivial fact, both the ladies were godmothers to my siblings and the one at the front was Nellie, the sister of a famous Saints player (St Helens). That being Ken Large, who with Vollenhovan scored a famous try at Wembley.
Still on utube if you want to Google it. Nellie is still alive and in her 90's.

I think they had been on a ride to Parbold, where I believe they used to hold a Summer fete.

If only I hadn’t sold this frame, it was an absolute beauty, I just didn’t appreciate it properly at the time. An early 80’s Every in 531SL, it had immaculate lugwork and super neat shot in seat stays.
Seen in a race around Fillongley, Warwicks n 1985. Components include GP4’s on Campag Record, Nuovo Record gears, Maillard 6 speed block with Sedis chain, an SR chainset, Weinmann brakes, Cinelli bars, Benotto tape, probably Miche pedals, Christophe toe-clips, Binda straps, Wolber tubs. And not forgetting the Cinelli hairnet and the wooden-soled Duegi clogs shoes. Happy days :smile:
C7715897-9142-4E54-9BBB-C07AC8DEAD38.jpeg

Top Bottom