Old Raleigh Record Sprint - brake help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

djb1971

Legendary Member
Has anyone got an early '80s Record Sprint that they can measure (or may know) the brake drop for me please ?

The ones fitted currently are the gold coloured Weimann 500 type but I can't get to them to measure the drop.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've got an old Raleigh Sprint on my turbo. What is it you want measured?

OP
OP
djb1971

djb1971

Legendary Member
Hi Rich,

I need the caliper drop size , from the fixing bolt to the pad centre. I think its around 55mm. I'm getting some new calipers but don't know the drop.

Which brakes have you got fitted?

Ta

Oddjob62

Hope this helps

brake.jpg

OP
OP
djb1971

djb1971

Legendary Member
Thanks Rich :biggrin:

I think I'll be safe going for a drop around 50-55mm.

I see you have gone SS/fixed Oddjob. I was thinking about doing it but have kept it retro 6 speed stylee with a modern twist ( derailleurs that work ). I have kept the down tube shifters because being an old fart I'm used to using them :sad: I'll post a pic in a couple of days.

Nice tyres btw :wacko:

OP
OP
djb1971

djb1971

Legendary Member

bigjim

Legendary Member
Hi
The first had never been used before I got it. It was as it came out of the box. It even has the original Raleigh bar tape under the scruffy padded stuff I have put on. Original pristine saddle has been set aside as it was not that comfy. I realy like it and find it a delight to ride but am considering changing the gearing to lower it a little which will take it away from the totally original theme. But there a are few Lancashire hills around here that test the knees. The other scruffy one I use for an everyday bike as it has a few scratches here and there but what can you expect for £26. Although it has these beautiful black rimmed wheels with gold hubs. Don't know if these were standard or not.

Jim:smile:

Top Bottom