"Old" TV stuff

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Never liked The Sweeney as I can't abide Dennis Waterman - useless stiff 'actor'.
How can you *say* that?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uOngXn0CGI

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Brilliant. And if you squinted, the strings nearly, disappeared.:whistle: . Stingray. Hahaha:laugh: . Then theres jo90
Captain Scarlet
Joe 90
Thunderbirds

In that order for me.

Do you remember them first time around? :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Errr. Yes. Now I'm embarassed. People will know how old I really am:blush:

RWright

Guru
I was hitting my teens in the 70s and we only had about 4 or 5 TV channels in the early 70s. When "In Concert" started coming on late on Friday nights I was very impressed, it featured some of the top rock bands of the time, it was great. :thumbsup: A few years later "Saturday Night Live" started coming on late on Saturday. I was again looking forward to a TV show. I am not sure if Saturday Night Live made it across the pond but it was a comedy sketch show that most of my friends and myself loved to watch. It launched the careers of many stars. It is still on, I quit watching after the mid 80s but I read that it has been on for 39 years now.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Anybody else remember "I didn't know you cared" they showed an episode on a Liz Smith night and when I mentioned it to SWMBCF she promptly/secretly googled it and got me the box set:biggrin:
+1 for Big Deal, we were only talking about that the other day & I'd love to see Brass again after watching Tim West and Prunella Scales on the canal boat series.

@Cunobelin I loved Travelling Man , anything with narrow boats with me.

& Big Deal with Ray Brooks as a professional gambler who got into Minder like scrapes too. The lovely Lisa Geohegan was another big reason to watch.

Clangers yep
the entire output of Cosgrove Hall for witty kids TV too.

I took a canal boat across the Chirk Aqueduct where the "helicopter fight" took place

Top Bottom