Older cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mart44

Über Member
Hello everyone - I did mountain biking for about 20 years over the hills of southern England but having reached a fairish age now, I've recently stopped doing this. I've changed the knobbly tyres to smooth road ones. Not only that but I've bought a road e-bike. I ride this about 50% of the time. Sheer luxury but I hope my fitness won't suffer too much.

Looking forward to being a member of the forum

All the best

mart44

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Hello and welcome, lots of friendly folk on here.

OP
OP
Mart44

Mart44

Über Member
Thanks to everyone - My age is 74 but I can still cycle (and walk at a brisk pace) for miles. Up until a couple of years ago, about 50 miles a week was the norm. Some of it on road but only to get to the places where we could go off-road. Unfortunately, my co-cyclist during those 20 years of off-road cycling fell ill and couldn't ride anymore. Without him, I lost my motivation to keep cycling to the same degree.

Nonetheless, I still like to get out on the bike or walk rather than hop in the car. I think I ought to ride the manual bike a bit more because, having ridden the e-bike for a while, it felt like the manual bike had the brakes stuck partially on. :smile:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Welcome. I too moved from predominantly MTB to predominantly road; well, quiet lanes for the most part. A lovely way to explore our delightful countryside. If an electric foot is the difference between enjoying it and not, charge up and go ;-)

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Hello everyone - I did mountain biking for about 20 years over the hills of southern England but having reached a fairish age now, I've recently stopped doing this. I've changed the knobbly tyres to smooth road ones. Not only that but I've bought a road e-bike. I ride this about 50% of the time. Sheer luxury but I hope my fitness won't suffer too much.

Looking forward to being a member of the forum

All the best

mart44
I used to have a fairish age. Now I've a whitish age.... Welcome.

Top Bottom