Olympic mens TT **SPOILER**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thom

____
Tour of Lombardy. If Bradley Wiggo fancies Classics in the future he'd better start learning how to do em.

iLB

Hello there
It would be fantastic if he did, but I think you're right. No disrespect to either the ToB or Wiggy.
Who are we riding for in the worlds?

I only want to whisper it for now but Wiggins for TT world champ would be quite nice. As for the road race, it might suit Froome, or if you can get Cav up the final climb; I presume they will consider having plans a and b.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Froome could be a good outside bet for the road race at the Worlds but a) he'll be cooked after the Vuelta, and b) I'd rather see Geraint Thomas give it a shot - I really think he could do it. The final hill is too steep for Cav, especially as they have to do it ten times.

Brad has to be favourite for the time trial, surely? That really would be the sparkler on the cherry on the icing on the cake of an incredible year.

I think Sky should send a strong team to the ToB - the nation is surfing a wave of cycling euphoria at the moment and it would be a massive PR boost to get the Tour de France winner and World Champion taking part. In fact, I'd say it's in the national interest to do so.

I agree it probably won't happen though. Just wishful thinking on my part.

d.

iLB

Hello there
Also it looks like the ToB finishes on the same day as the Worlds team time trial is run, we could have a fierce team for that too. Edit: or should I say Sky could, as it it contested by trade teams.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Sir Wiggo without a doubt!

Can't we make him Lord Wiggins just so he can teach Seb a few lessons?

second of the losers. coming third sucks.

Better than 4th though....

It's ghastly and he should be transported. It didn't need re-scoring for pity's sake.

To be honest it didn't sound too good, and that was just the sound. I was waiting for Wiggo to wince again but he didn't, although he still didn't exactly look deliriously happy either.

raindog

er.....
Tour of Lombardy.
I was thinking of that to round his season off. It's his kind of race, definitely. Wouldn't it be amazing if he did?He's been racing and winning right throughout the season. These days, most riders who target a GT win don't do much else at all. Brads season has been more like something from the 60s or 70s.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
who cares about the musical score? Apart from the pompous?
Take the music away from any event - or change the music - and it changes its character enormously.

thom

____
It's ghastly and he should be transported. It didn't need re-scoring for pity's sake.
I dunno, I was thankful that it seemed to hurry the thing to conclusion.
God Save the Queen is an ugly tune musically and normally turned into a turgid monstrosity by bloated choirs, the general pulbic and indeed professional singers on the Champs Elysee. This version seemed slightly jauntier and surely you have to be glad for that.

It also reminds me (going off an a tangential rant). Does anyone else get flipping irritated by the brass band that plays incessent patriotic music during England football matches? Most of their repertoire is best kept confined where we know it will be, in the Albert Hall on the last night of the Proms.
It really spoils my enjoyment of the game and now they've started playing at the GB hockey matches. Flipping p**sing me off !

thom

____
Blimey, Wiggo wins an unprecedented 7th medal and the thread's turning into a music appreciation discussion. Almost as irritating as people mentioning SPOTY as if that compares in any way to Brad's achievements.
Sorry, didn't mean to annoy you ! It was Greg I was trying to wind up... :tongue:
I'm similarly irritated by the SPOTY thing - given his overnight comments on helmets, he's maybe just alienated a large proportion of voters for that one.
But seriously, the TdF achievement is a bit better than this one and personally I'd think the WC title would be a more illustrious thing to win within cycling.
That said, to back up the tour with this was pretty special. And Chris Froome's performance was truely mighty too - Froome might proove a better candidate for the WC if the parcours has lumps in it.

lukesdad

SPOTY SPOTY SPOTY ^_^ Never mind yer next cycling fix is at the velodrome 4.00 pm that 'll cheer you up M8. Pendleton as well ! Lukey thinks she's a hubber hubber !

lukesdad

Blimey, Wiggo wins an unprecedented 7th medal and the thread's turning into a music appreciation discussion. Almost as irritating as people mentioning SPOTY as if that compares in any way to Brad's achievements.
You forgot the helmets :angry:

Top Bottom