England : London Olympic Road Race Route 19th Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm in. Mind you, I'm gonna kill someone if it p155es down and the 20th is glorious sunshine.
I hate to name names but it was Ian who moved the date.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Bumping, as it's getting close now...

Just checking this is still on and timings for the start etc? I may join as you go through Richmond Park, as it's very close to me and I have no real desire to ride into town to retrace my steps again, if this is ok? Happy to join the line as you enter at Roehampton or indeed at the top of Sawyers Hill, just before Richmond gate. If it's problematic though, I can ride to Admiralty Arch HPC...

Cheers

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I can dig it out, if it's the same one we did last year... although the hill we were referring to as 'Shere' isn't really in Shere (confusingly) and was not on tthe actual ORR route. I think they turned left and cut out Newlands corner... let me have a look and come back with a suggested?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm not going to make this i'm afraid. Little one is ill and I have to look after him tomorrow. Sorry chaps.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I can dig it out, if it's the same one we did last year... although the hill we were referring to as 'Shere' isn't really in Shere (confusingly) and was not on tthe actual ORR route. I think they turned left and cut out Newlands corner... let me have a look and come back with a suggested?

Martin

Right - had a look to confirm and know exactly where I am going. Turn left at Staple Ln, East Clandon, (just before the left we used in the past) and follow it up to Coombe Ln, turn right and from there... it's gravy, all the way to the Zig Zags. Do you need me to create a GPS file?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
do a search of 'Olympic' on CC & Informal rides. That will bring up the previous threads with the route.

On another note. Myself and Tim Decker did Box Hill 3 times yesterday. The tarmac is lovely. Though they have now thrown down a few sleeping policemen.

Top Bottom