Olympic Security. A request from the Nation...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

perplexed

Guru
Dear Army and Security...

Could I please request that it becomes your number one priority to deny access to a certain opera singer, of the female persuasion, with a penchant for massacering our already appallingly bad and embarrassing national anthem?

Much public money has been spent in obtaining the games for Great Britain during which there will be many oportunities to showcase the delights that our wonderful nation has to offer.

It would be a terrible shame if our dedicated and hardworking athletes were to set about deliberatley losing to avoid having to stand on the top step and prevent the country having to endure that terrible collective cringeing performance as recently witnessed in Paris again.

The singer concerned has a penchant for wearing the Union Flag around her lower quarters if this helps with identification.

Keep up the good work, and on behalf of a grateful nation, may I thank you in advance.

Yours etc etc...

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
bradleywiggins.jpg

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I think ^ is going to end up as the default image for all posts expressing shock/dismay/disgust

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
too late - she's smuggled in wearing team GB kit
28404_2.jpg

does anybody have a link to her Paris performance? I switched off once Wiggo had crossed the line.

snorri

Legendary Member
Yorkshire's revenge.

Hover Fly, you are never going to be able to adequately compensate me for exposure to that video.:angry:

byegad

Legendary Member
I preferred her performance to the ones that end on a stupid high note that is not part of the anthem. A certain welsh bint does this regularly at Rugby internationals. With Lesley Garrett you got the correct final note. Personally I prefer the anthems to be played by a decent band/orchestra and no singer up front. Then if so moved the crowd can sing the words themselves.

The American anthem gets murdered by 'singers' who embellish every note so we ar not the only nation to suffer.

OP
OP
perplexed

perplexed

Guru
Yorkshire's revenge
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...tional-Anthem-at-Tour-de-France-ceremony.html

That's done the campaign to bring the first stage to Yorkshire a lot of good.

Yes, I must apologise to the rest of the nation, sadly she is one of "ours". Sorry...:thumbsdown:

96.4% of the poll thought the whole thing was bloody awful too! It's the double whammy effect, as the writer says. Not only is the anthem truly awful, it was made even worse by the rendition.

Dellzegg, the "performance" is in Hover Flys link.

But for your mental health, I'd say "step away from your keyboard right now..."

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
thankyou, perplexed.

I didn't think her singing was all that bad. It's a dodgy little tune, more suited to crowd singing than anything else. Stick with the notes on the page and it turns in to a bit of a drone. I appreciate that Wiggins didn't think much of it, but, hey, he probably just wanted to go for a pint

subaqua

What’s the point
I had no idea what she was singing mangling until the commentator said so.

any way isn't super skinny Katherine Jenkins warbling?

Lesley Garret has become the fatter version of Katherine "tune strangler" Jenkins. which is a pity as LG did used to be able to sing properly

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I think she was chosen to rub the noses of the French in it just a little bit more. They missed a trick by not getting Brad to then tell the joke about why the French avenues were lined with trees...

Top Bottom