Olympic Torches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Scruffmonster

Scruffmonster

Über Member
I'm going to list mine.

BUY IT NOW - £75,000
Delivery - Will personally deliver, free of charge, anywhere in the world, dressed as your favourite Disney character. Not a gimmick, I just want to know what that level of crazy looks like, up close and personal. If I could also have a tour of your house made of cheese I will gladly sign your favourite Barbara Streisand song in the style of your favourite Sesame Street character.

Arch

Married to Night Train
What is the fee that a bearer has to pay for their torch? I've heard several different figures.

I was surprised to hear they were for sale at all, to be honest, or that there were so many - I'd assumed there would be one, and a few spares, handed on to each runner.

It says something about the amateur ethos of the games these days (ie non-existant) if the first thing a bearer thinks of is selling the torch. Isn't being a bearer meant to be honour enough? I suppose in that position I might think of making the most of it, but I don't know, since I'm a sucker for keeping souvenirs of things.

OP
OP
Scruffmonster

Scruffmonster

Über Member
£200-300 depending on how you got the place. (Mine was free)

If I can afford to keep it I will. I wouldnt want £300 more than the torch, I NEED £1000 enough to make that choice easy though.

Fair play to anyone that makes four figures on it, some will. I fully expect to keep mine and use it as a bbq lighter or something. (They remove the fuel and such but I'm sure I could reverse engineer it)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Fair play to anyone that makes four figures on it, some will. I fully expect to keep mine and use it as a bbq lighter or something. (They remove the fuel and such but I'm sure I could reverse engineer it)

See, the coolness of doing that would be worth a fortune! :becool:

OP
OP
Scruffmonster

Scruffmonster

Über Member
See, the coolness of doing that would be worth a fortune! :becool:

Then buy mine. Only £150k (sorry, inflation).

However, I will personally follow you for one year, lighting everything that needs lighting. No lights on FnRttC? Flame On! BBQ... Flame on! Off for a cig in a cramped smoking area... Flame On!... November 5th?... You get the picture.

toroddf

£200-300 depending on how you got the place. (Mine was free)

If I can afford to keep it I will. I wouldnt want £300 more than the torch, I NEED £1000 enough to make that choice easy though.

I am sure your local pyromania club/society would be happy to buy it from you. A perfect tool for their weekly/monthly club night. Check yellow pages for their phone number.. Eehh, probably not a good idea to sell it to your local pyromania club/society as they may... well, find yourself a village/town you don't like and sell the torch to it's pyromania club/society.

ToroddCares

atbman

Veteran
Mine was £199 which the club will refund and we'll use it for an annual trophy - purpose to be decided

machew

Veteran
Thinking about it, if LOCOG hadn't sold the torches to the torch bearers but put them all on ebay. The cost of London 2012 would have been covered

10,000 Torches times £100,000 is £1,000,000,000

subaqua

What’s the point
[QUOTE 1858164, member: 45"]There are thousands of them, and organisations are being offered them for sale directly. There will be no market.

It's just another aspect of this corporate money-making scam.[/quote]

you have to have hard evidence and produce it in triplicate otherwise its just made up . like my plumber knobbing kelly brook

Top Bottom