Olympic Torches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
2012 Mug signed by Genuine Torch Bearer BIN £150 :laugh:

A torch bearer for 1948 was interviewed on TV. He still had his torch. They had to run 3 miles back then, not some mamby pamby 300 meters (not even bloody yards)

subaqua

What’s the point
[QUOTE 1860079, member: 45"]8000 x £300 =£2.4m.

Wonder how much they cost to make.[/quote]

dunno but that would have kept the local library open for a few years . just saying

machew

Veteran
[QUOTE 1860079, member: 45"]8000 x £300 =£2.4m.

Wonder how much they cost to make.[/quote]
Speaking to a friend a Bullfinch Gas who are making the burners, there are not 8000 torches there are about 11500,
8000 for the relay and the rest for the IOC oh and the cost about £800 each

Arch

Married to Night Train
Speaking to a friend a Bullfinch Gas who are making the burners, there are not 8000 torches there are about 11500,
8000 for the relay and the rest for the IOC oh and the cost about £800 each

11500. That's very exclusive then....

<shakes head in despair>

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
And there was me thinking the whole shitfest couldn't fall any further in my estimation...

Just wait until Team GB start winning medals and the BBC virtually wetting themselves.....

ASC1951

Guru
[QUOTE 1858164, member: 45"]
It's just another aspect of this corporate money-making scam.[/quote]
How does that work, then? Given that these are all being sold by individuals?

OP
OP
Scruffmonster

Scruffmonster

Über Member
Personally, I dont understand the criticism of sellers. Every single person here would sell their bike for 10 times it's original value if possible. A bike that you've fell in love with over numerous fabulous experiences in however many years. If I offerred £10k cash to anyone here for their bike while they were halfway through a century they'd probably take it and be giving a taxi driver a 50 mile fare.

Selling an object that you've owned for no time at all, from the comfort of your sofa, to a market place gone barmy is a no brainer. Also consider that most of the torch bearers are some pretty impressive people, not bankers and politicians. (Me excepted. I'm the token normal chap to prove that there's no discrimination)

With that said, I stand by my original predictions of resale values.

Top Bottom