Oncoming bus overtakers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Indeed. As you know I'm a big advocate of avoiding trouble and in the event thickish car drive didn't take the hint I wouldn't hang about to have a discussion.

However, thus far in this scenario no one has for me.

Drago

Legendary Member
You mean Right of Way as in a road, track or other route along which a person or vehicle is permitted to pass? Yup.

Mike Appleton

Unfortunately this happens all to often for me aswell on my way to and from work. I just wait, there is nothing you can say or do without putting yourself in danger.

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
"Study traffic and read the road" and give way if you are going to be in danger. Thats what a mature motorcyclist told me to do 30yrs ago who trained me well back then and which I have passed it on in my cycling. Its bad enough in a tin box but on two wheels it would be like an egg to a mallet. Haughty behaviour on both sides spell conflict.
I get nervous if an artic wagon is behind me on a busy narrow road, on occasions where I hold that type of vehicle up I wave the person on and pull over. I prefer to see the back of his vehicle than hear air brakes behind me......

Any advice?
Sorry - none, beyond do whatever to keep safe. It once meant me landing a tandem (upright and unhurt, bike and riders) in a roadside ditch. Only time I've truly "piloted" a tandem.

It's not a situation you can win - and the thick *******s who pull it on you know it full well. They do it all the time to other drivers, so cyclists are easy-peasy.

Top Bottom