One Bike Only

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Probably one with a nice big powerful engine and an all time classic.

53E18042-3EBC-42D0-9442-DE52CDFEF294.jpeg

Sorry wrong forum, but it’d be my choice ^_^

FishFright

More wheels than sense
My only bike wouldn't be a bike , it would be my ICE VTX trike , more smiles per mile than any of my 7 bikes and the Trice

Bodhbh

Guru
It'd be something like a Surly Ogre, with loads of braze-on and tyre clearance. I'd run it 27.5+ for off-road, and 29 with slicks/touring/ice tyres for the otherstuff.

The other option is to have some framework done on my Raleigh 20, so it takes discs and run different wheelsets. Less good for off-roading - although it has clearance for 20 x 2.15 in the back and more in the front - but with the fold you don't have to worry about it getting nicked so much.

Thomson

As a new cyclist with one hybrid bike. That just goes to work and back sits in the workshop all day. Lent up against things. Cleaned once a week. I am already planning to buy another one that is just for summers day cycles. A road bike that's lighter. Always kept clean. Not wearing my work stuff. No time or route to follow etc.
Means the hybrid can do its job.
And the road bike can do its job.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
This:
000.JPG

My Giant Contend SL1 Disc. Still blown away by how it rides, it just feels 'quality' and like it wants to go all day.
It's got hydraulic disks, 105, currently fitted with 25's but will take 28s (or apparently, some 32s), tubeless ready wheels if I decide to go down that route.

I reckon I could live with that if I was only allowed one bike. Which is obviously ridiculous as who can cope with just one bike? :laugh:

burntoutbanger

Veteran
As a new cyclist with one hybrid bike. That just goes to work and back sits in the workshop all day. Lent up against things. Cleaned once a week. I am already planning to buy another one that is just for summers day cycles. A road bike that's lighter. Always kept clean. Not wearing my work stuff. No time or route to follow etc.
Means the hybrid can do its job.
And the road bike can do its job.

That's how it starts....

Maenchi

StoneDog
There is no 'if'.....and it is a 27.5, hardtail with front suspension and two sets of wheels, and is kept immaculately clean... :biggrin: ( maybe not as serious as you folks with stable of bikes, but serious enough for people to say, 'that's a serious bike' although that has been said about previous bikes I've owned:smile:)............and when I had n+1 I never had the time to keep them all up to standard......one is enough, one for all and all for one............:becool:

Top Bottom