One brake lever for front and back brakes...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The back pedalling hub brake may be an option, I've never had one of those myself. Does it lock the wheel in to a skid or just slow it down?
Depend's how much effort kids put into it. But they would have to use a lot of length strength to do a skid.
Kids soon get the hand of it though.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
The back pedalling hub brake may be an option, I've never had one of those myself. Does it lock the wheel in to a skid or just slow it down?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N0beEYB11U

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK6g56xtnIY

OP
OP
Cal44

Cal44

Coaster brake does look quite good....thanks for bringing it to my attention and for the other options on the dual levers everyone.

13 rider

Guru
Hi,

I have in the past seen bikes that have a certain type of brake system that if you only pull on one lever it applies the brakes both front and back simultaneously. Unfortunately I can't for the life of me remember what brand of bike I saw it on or who the makers of the brake system are. Can anyone help at all? My daughter was born with one hand and so I would love her to have this type of system so that she can stop more safely and confidently.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Calum
I believe Dame Sarah Storey rides on the road with a one lever system which operates both brakes back first then front a split second later so there is a system out there but I can't help more sorry

Last edited:

13 rider

Guru
Try this link www.cyclingfans.com/node/19317 if not I searched dame Sarah storey bike set up .interesting vidio showing one lever set up for this years tour of britian

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
3/4's of the adult bikes in cph have coaster i.e. back-pedal, rear brakes and thus only one lever.

Don't underestimate how irritating it is not to be able to set your pedals as you want them by back pedalling a bit when at a standstill when you aren't used to coaster brakes.

What's cph?
Copenhagen?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've cycled one a couple of occasions with an approximately 10 year old with only the one arm, she had a nice light bike which made it easier to manhandle with one hand when she was off the bike.

Top Bottom