One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jody

Stubborn git
Metros (Metroes?) are pretty thin on the ground these days and there are always people who want to re-live their youth or fancy something a bit different. Look at the prices of MKI or MkII Fiestas for comparison, they would cost a lot more. Metro prices will creep up over time.

Shame all the MG turbo metros were snapped up for Mini conversions.

Apparently only 20 licensed and a couple of hundred sorn'd.

Would have loved a 1275 GT Clubman. Even more if it was an estate.

Last edited:
There is no requirement to notify anyone that your vehicle is MOT exempt, only to ensure it is maintained in a roadworthy condition. You do have to apply for vehicle tax exemption to stop paying that.

Yes there is, you need to register your vehicle as 'historic ' which in turn automatically negates the need for an MOT.

You're right but wrong, if you know what I mean.

There’s a scrapyard in Sherburn in Elmet full of those, and various other old RR’s
I saw that about 7 years ago, it’s near the Eddie Stobart depot

If either are still there?

EDIT @ 11:14
@DRM
June 2014

View: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10203276849194291&set=a.10202418728941821

Although, possibly not as interesting as Birch Brothers, that were up at Queensbury (on the road to Denholme), that used to have 30 - 40 Sierras on the forecourt, in various states of disrepair/damage

Last edited:
Wednesday 24th

Apologies for the poor shot

VW Polo
3-door

B&Q
Glasshoughton
(near ‘Xscape’)
Jct32/M62
it looked almost new, with no visible (from 3 yards) damage/scratches

A8C6C594-F80F-4FAE-8549-475783CCB22C.jpeg

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Not everyone's first choice for a gasser body

Followed by some proper custom car lunacy.

DRM

Guru
I saw that about 7 years ago, it’s near the Eddie Stobart depot

If either are still there?

EDIT @ 11:14
@DRM
June 2014

View: https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10203276849194291&set=a.10202418728941821

Although, possibly not as interesting as Birch Brothers, that were up at Queensbury (on the road to Denholme), that used to have 30 - 40 Sierras on the forecourt, in various states of disrepair/damage

Just thinking, all that money when they were new, yet look at them now :ohmy:

Top Bottom