One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Would a replica be built on a real Fiat 500 or from scratch?

It's registered as a 500L, so an original used as a base, which allows it to be run on its K plate - unless I'm mistaken and they were all conversions by Fiat on an original base, in which case it may be an original. Somebody will know!

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
It's registered as a 500L, so an original used as a base, which allows it to be run on its K plate - unless I'm mistaken and they were all conversions by Fiat on an original base, in which case it may be an original. Somebody will know!
They were all converted standard Fiats, that much I know. Abarth might just have used a bodyshell, I'm not sure about that.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
There was a classic car show on in town today. On Sunday everything is traditionally closed, so the cars were in every street in town, as well as the park next to the town.

There must have easily been over a hundred cars from humble old Opel's and Mercedes, as well as lots of old American muscle cars, many probably left by the servicemen from the nearby bases.

IMG_20220828_130145859_HDR.jpg

Not only were these two Delorean's here, but there were a further two parked around town. The nearest one is also registered to a nearby town.

IMG_20220828_130329122_HDR.jpg

A lovely old Saab, no idea what it was, as I forgot to take a photo of the information on the screen.

IMG_20220828_131053117.jpg

One of a number of Matra's on show.

IMG_20220828_141315362.jpg

Three gorgeous Opel's, shades of Corvette Stingray about them.

IMG_20220828_132116728.jpg

An old Citroen, sadly no other info on this one either. There were also a couple of old Citroen DS's amongst many other old Citroen's on display.

IMG_20220828_142734668.jpg

These old NSU's we're not only lovely but looked identical to Hillman Imp's, or at least in my eyes.

IMG_20220828_142425455_HDR.jpg

Again, Mustangs were well represented, this one is also a locally owned car.

Generally though it was difficult to get pictures due to the large crowd of people, but it was a really impressive show, especially the way it was staged in every street.

With Volkswagen having their headquarters and several main factories just down the road, there were a lot of Beetles and buses as well as a few Karmann Ghia's.

Last edited:
Tuesday 30th

David Palmer MOT Testing Centre
Wakefield Road
Normanton
Wakefield

15045CB4-C99E-48F7-85B6-90974E1B69C3.jpeg

Surprisingly, there's no image on Geograph, but it's next door to the old 'Royal Sovereign' pub; https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/853494

Last edited:
Forgot!!
Yesterday afternoon, we were out & about
I'd just started driving back up HolmeMoss, from the Woodhead (Derbyshire) side
At first I thought the car behind was a Toyota Celica, one of the mid-90s, with the circular headlamps, this shape in fact
maxresdefault.jpg

But, NO!!
it was an Alpine!!!

Didn't Top Gear (Harris?) have one catch fire, whilst on test?
Once the road was clear, by the 'pull-off', part way up, it overtook & made fairly rapid progress to the summit!!

A nice looking car!!
it's possible that daughter took a few photos of it, looking behind, or as it passed, if she did I'll get them from her to add

Top Bottom