One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
It appears to have Russian-made anti-corrosion accessories.
IMG_20210219_115959448_HDR~3.jpg

tyred

Legendary Member
I must admit I quite fancy a Lada, preferably an estate.

tyred

Legendary Member
On the subject of Lada, there is a sort of cult following for the 1200/Riva and also the Niva but there doesn't appear to be any love for their "modern" car, the FWD Samara. I wonder why.

Drago

Legendary Member
My Dad last year set himself the challenge of buying a die cast model of every car he's ever owned. It had to be in the correct colour, and in 1:43 scale. He told me on the blower yesterday that hes finished, so next time I'm down in the anus of England I'll snap a pic.

That might me dificult for me to copy because I doubt anyone would waste the effort making a model of a Proton MPi.

My Dad last year set himself the challenge of buying a die cast model of every car he's ever owned. It had to be in the correct colour, and in 1:43 scale. He told me on the blower yesterday that hes finished, so next time I'm down in the anus of England I'll snap a pic.

That might me dificult for me to copy because I doubt anyone would waste the effort making a model of a Proton MPi.
Ooh! That sounds like a nice Idea.
I was just thinking of the car's I've had over the years.
Morris Minor, Austin Mini Deluxe, MG Midget, Morris Mini 1,000, Triumph Dolomite Sprint, Austin Metro HLS, Vauxhall Cavalier CD, Vauxhall Astra MK2, Vauxhall Carlton 1800, Vauxhall Vectra GLS. I think that's it apart from the present two which aren't classics.

Drago

Legendary Member
Nice 7. Our local Chief Constable has an austin 7.

J15 is a Datsun engine, and a kit kat car.

I'm presuming the kit car?

PS, your baseball cap is disgracefully clean. I insist that ypumcovrr it in greasy fingerprints immediately.

Last edited:

Lozza

One for (mainly?) the West, & South, Yorkshire members

Friday 5th July
From, maybe(?) 17:00 - (circa) 21:00

Free entry to pedestrians, some charity donation buckets may be present

https://fleurdelyscvs.org/

There's always some damned fine motors there; from American 'Muscle', 'Exotica, 'bread & butter', m/bikes, trucks. tractors

It's located just out of the city centre, on the A642; which is the Wakefield - Huddersfield road
There is a map on the site
The best approach is from Horbury Road, no vehicular access through, from 'Stork Lodge Gates', on Thornes Road (B6475)
The best postcode for any 'Sat-Nag' users is; WF2 8TY
(that's for the Sports Centre/running track, that's in the Park)

Just a few random images, from the past few years
NB; obviously, I have no idea on how many will attend, or what marques/models

View attachment 472785 View attachment 472786 View attachment 472787 View attachment 472788
View attachment 472790 View attachment 472791 View attachment 472792 View attachment 472793 View attachment 472794
just joined this forum, and came across a picture of my Firebird SRR 259F, any idea when this was

Top Bottom