One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Chap over the road from me has a Moggie Woodie on his driveway these last few days. It's under cover, but I'm maintaining surveillance and will snap a pic if it emerges.
My Mum had one of them. Used to have to climb in from the rear barn doors in the Winter as the front doors froze shut.

Seen not too far from me, as I rode home on Tuesday

161252877_10223119952779479_2143121363997379412_n.jpg

WTF is it doing on the footway?!

Never was a fan of Rollers anyway. Grrrr. (sorry)

Same model/colour we had, when we got married

Re; pavement
There is a diagonal 'cut' on that corner (out of camera sight(, that's surfaced like that section of the path

I'm not saying it's right though, to block it completely

On that point, I park on the pavement, but there's still almost 4 foot between my car & our garden wall
Heck!, someone even parks a 7.5 tonner on it too, opposite, if he's at home

monkers

Veteran
It has broken down, I expect ^_^
Probably the electrics were mainly all Lucas and Smiths (crap) - this made them almost as vulnerable to failure as pretty much all other old British cars.

tyred

Legendary Member
A 1990 Toyota Corolla that I see around town sometimes. Bland but actually a very rare survivor now. I can only imagine that the owner gets in and out via the tailgate:wacko:

Spotted this Econoline in Wakefield, this afternoon
It was at Wood Autos, on George Street
I thought it might be the restored one, quoted below, but no, it's a different registration
Sorry, but it was a 'grab-shot', from the car, hence poor framing

DSCF6776.JPG

Ford Econoline (1st generation; 61 - 67)
Thornes Lane
Thornes Wharf
Wakefield

Presumably a restoration, as it looked to be stripped internally
Apologies for quality, it was in an awkward position to photograph

View attachment 541426

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
Modern Morgan trike spotted in a supermarket carpark. I wonder where they put the shopping.
View attachment 580332
Takes me back to circa 1973, Syerston Airfield, Vintage Motorcycle Club used to rock up for the weekend, time trials down the runway...and youd see vintage cars like this with Jap engines, they didnt spare them one ounce. Bearing in mind a lot of the bikes, Velocettes, BSAs, Vincent's...plus the 3 wheelers were already vintage then, they absolutely went for it, hell for leather down the runway. As kids, you could get right amongst it, the smell, the noise, the atmosphere was like nothing a circa 13 year old had ever experienced. :hyper:

Top Bottom