One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Now that the sun's out, the classics have started to come out of hibernation - these two were from today's ride
A Chevrolet Apache pick-up
Chevrolet Apache.JPG

And a perfect condition Rover 3500
Rover 3500 V8.JPG
Then there were further cars being driven around that I couldn't get pictures of - a Ford Popular 100e, Morris Minor convertible (with picnic basket on boot carrier obviously), and an Aston Martin DB5 being driven up the A140.

Last edited:
KirkGate
Wakefield
About 10 minutes ago
We were both stationary, at traffic-lights

Edit @ 14:20
Sorry folks, tried upload from my phone whilst in Wakefield, but I guess I'm not used to it yet:blush:
So, now I'm home.....

Last edited:
Now that the sun's out, the classics have started to come out of hibernation - these two were from today's ride
A Chevrolet Apache pick-up
View attachment 581489
And a perfect condition Rover 3500 View attachment 581490 Then there were further cars being driven around that I couldn't get pictures of - a Ford Popular 100e, Morris Minor convertible (with picnic basket on boot carrier obviously), and an Aston Martin DB5 being driven up the A140.
Classy Rover, are they Triumph wheels though?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Classy Rover, are they Triumph wheels though?
View attachment 581930
Don't know if they were fitted to Triumphs, but it looks like they are Rostyle wheels - I had some fitted to an MGB GT I owned for a couple of years.

Edited to add - On the way in to work this afternoon , I saw another 3500 on the road. This one in deep green with the boot mounted spare wheel.

Last edited:
One of these spotted near Mold N Wales yesterday, a minter ^_^

gbb

Legendary Member
This LHD ugly monster was outside today. Driver in a Stetson and weirdly tight trousers.
View attachment 582085 View attachment 582086

Then a Mini, looking shiny and very small.
View attachment 582087

And finally, an aging Harley with a sidecar.

View attachment 582088
The brutalist styling of the Camaro and the HD I get, pretty its not for sure.
I used to be a mini fanatic, had 3 in my younger days and loved the simplicity, the noise, the connection with driving, but they are tiny by today's standards for sure and that puts me off ever owning another.

Top Bottom