One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
Yes, and the problem with that is...............:laugh:^_^
It'd be even more fun, if it looked fairly standard^_^
As the old Lada was that used to turn up at the car meet on the car park at Wellington Street, Leeds, iirc it was matt battleship grey, and had a Fiat 132 2.0 litre engine, it upset the owners of many a fast Ford or Vauxhall off the lights.

@Bonefish Blues

The T50's are stated to be on sale at about £2.5 million each

Sunday 22nd

Jake Wrights
Burley-in-Wharfedale

En-route home from Ilkley
I used to go here, years ago, & was surprised/very pleased to see it was still open

https://www.jakewright.com/

https://www.jakewright.com/vehicles/classic-land-rover-series-3-low-mileage

Last edited:
It must be the time of the year?

I've just taken daughter to work, in Wakefield
Heading back home along Doncaster Road/A638, on the stretch between Wakefield Bridge ('Chantry' bridge) & the rugbyist grounds, a Daihatsu F20 came the other way
It was a very faded red (or maybe in red primer?), and on a 'T' registration (78 - 79)

I can remember them arriving in this country, & had a ride in a demonstrator, at a country fair (at Nostell Priory)
Crikey, they were a solid ride, the Land Rovers of the time, on their leaf-springs, seemed like air-suspension in comparison

More to the point, I'm surprised any have survived:wacko:

This shape
Daihatsu-f20-10-2242.jpg

tyred

Legendary Member
It must be the time of the year?

I've just taken daughter to work, in Wakefield
Heading back home along Doncaster Road/A638, on the stretch between Wakefield Bridge ('Chantry' bridge) & the rugbyist grounds, a Daihatsu F20 came the other way
It was a very faded red (or maybe in red primer?), and on a 'T' registration (78 - 79)

I can remember them arriving in this country, & had a ride in a demonstrator, at a country fair (at Nostell Priory)
Crikey, they were a solid ride, the Land Rovers of the time, on their leaf-springs, seemed like air-suspension in comparison

More to the point, I'm surprised any have survived:wacko:

This shape
View attachment 606062
I remember them. A neighbour had one, mostly constructed from Isopon and newspaper as I recall but very capable off road. Not that capable on it (unless you're comparing it to a Fordson tractor!).

So many people say Japanese cars are boring but they did build some interesting things at times, like this, Suzuki Whizzkids or the original Toyota Lite Ace with the column gear change which was a very practical and well designed little van. I would love a Lite Ace (just don't crash it).

@tyred

I had a Bedford Rascal (Suzuki Supercarry) for a couple of years, in the early - mid 90s
Scary as hell on a motorway, & even worse on a wet roundabout......... and on spilt diesel :headshake::headshake:

It did make a reasonable bike-carrier, & changing room though, as I had it when I was doing a lot of MTB racing & CX)

The dents on the front, are from trying to push me out, when it got stuck (which was very easy to do!)

Top Bottom