One For Classic Car Fans.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
Saw this out and about yesterday, in absolutely mint condition it looked and sounded amazing. An original Renault Alpine, much nicer looking than the new version. Alas it disappeared before I got a pic of it from the front, but its still a real looker from the side/back. Worth a few quid these days I imagine.
67WpBeT.jpg

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I can smell the unburnt fuel from the over-rich mixture from here! I'm trying to place the location. Reminds me a little bit of one stretch of Fulham Road, near the Earl's Court one-way system. That block of flats looks strangely familiar. There's loads of exotic stuff to be seen around Chelsea and South Ken if you keep your eyes peeled.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
@SkipdiverJohn yep that's the spot, Edith Grove is the next road along.

There's plenty of money around there for sure, but not much taste. All too often its the more gaudy showy super cars with godawful paint jobs.

If anyone saw Top Gear last night there was loads of them posing around Chelsea when Rory was reviewing the new Rolls Royce. In fact the hideous gaudy Lambo covered in over a million Swarovski crystals, that's owned by some Russian oligarch's teenager daughter featured in that clip. I've photographed it before in my street art thread, along with a Toyota MR2 Lambo copy, seen here: https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/street-art.221565/post-5223249

I'd much prefer that old Renault, its beautiful, but I've got a weakness for blue and chrome^_^

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Sometimes seen, at a garage, close by
View attachment 146416

That car is truly beautiful. My favourite 70's classic car, along with Mk1 Toyota Celica & obviously the 240Z

IMG_9909-940x627.jpg

Salar

A fish out of water
Talking of Ford Mexico's I had an odd car around 1982 which I bought secondhand from someone who used to work for Ford.

A Mk IV Ford Cortina Mexico ?.

I think the engine was the mid 70's RS Mexico engine.
It had full sports trim, slightly lowered suspension, sports lights, expensive exhaust system etc etc. All factory fitted, not sure if Ford flung it all together from leftover bits as the Cortina production was coming to an end.

Can't find anything on the internet about it.Sold it to a couple of boy racers when the rust worm appeared.

Top Bottom