One law you'd like enforced, one you'd like enacted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They might, just might, get away with it if the lid is a nicely cooked shortcrust lid, crimped to the edges of the dish and baked with it.

Don't get me started on those overcooked puff pastry monstrosities that are just rigid thin flakes of tastelessness that end up getting spread all over the table and make it look like I'm not house-trained yet... The kind where they've clearly got the dish of casserole out of the freezer, nuked it in the microwave, and slapped on a separately 'cooked' lid.
View attachment 382374

:thumbsdown:

one like for this post is no where near enough, one of my pet hates is that,

Enforced:. Penalties for parking on yellow lines.

Enacted: More of a repeal, actually. Repeal all legislation conferring tax advantages on any and all income earned in UK. If an individual or a company earns money working in UK then they should pay the full tax applicable to those earnings, just like us ordinary wage slaves have to do. After all, we are all supposed to be in this together......

MikeG

Guru
......If .....a company earns money working in UK then they should pay the full tax applicable to those earnings, just like us ordinary wage slaves have to do.......

Careful what you wish for. This would lead to mass redundancies as multi-nationals fled our shores.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Careful what you wish for. This would lead to mass redundancies as multi-nationals fled our shores.

but what would we do with all those spare people? I know, we could get them to provide the same work for new companies set up to replace all those companies that ran away....there problem solved.

Top Bottom