one leg shorter than the other

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simon.r

Person
Adjustable cranks from the 1860's:

$(KGrHqN,!n0FBZnQPO)sBQe!4,qKkQ~~60_12.JPG

D

Deleted member 20519

Adjustable cranks from the 1860's:

$(KGrHqN,!n0FBZnQPO)sBQe!4,qKkQ~~60_12.JPG

That's clever but I can imagine someone getting out of the saddle and then the crank slides down and you get a face full of handlebar.

OP
OP
Bill-H

Bill-H

slow and steady
simon i will speak to physio on my next appointment for my back problems and ask to see orthotics

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
the bike fit was with Bill at bike shed in exeter it was very thorough and and afew adjustments made felt really good on cycle home and no i wasnt going round in circles
Bill did my bike fit for me about a year ago, very helpful and picked up a couple of issues with my lower leg and knee movement. My bike felt very different after the fit and is very comfortable now. Best of all, my knees don't hurt as much :thumbsup:

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Lulubel's suggestion of one crank longer than the other is not as funny as it sounds. I believe I read somewhere of a company producing adaptors for just such a situation which effectively made one crank longer.
Surely it wouldnt work though, if you used a longer crank for the longer leg, it would come up too high at the top for the long leg, while the shorter crank wouldnt come up high enough at the top? Making one pedal thicker would probably be a simple solution, with flats anyway i guess :smile:

question for those with 1 leg longer than the other - do you also have 1 foot bigger than the other?
my left side which has the shorter leg has a foot that is 1.5 UK sizes bigger than the right foot (getting the correct inner soles has made a massive difference and were worth every penny)

RWright

Guru
One of my feet is slightly larger than the other. I don't think I have ever had my legs measured except for pants inseam. I am trying to figure out how they get a precise leg measurement.

adamangler

Veteran
glue a thicker sole on one shoe.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Surely it wouldnt work though, if you used a longer crank for the longer leg, it would come up too high at the top for the long leg, while the shorter crank wouldnt come up high enough at the top? Making one pedal thicker would probably be a simple solution, with flats anyway i guess :smile:

You use the shorter crank for the longer leg :thumbsup:

Top Bottom