One man tent for 2 months touring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pro Action Hike Lite

Now, I'm not saying those are as good as a £200-£300 pound tent but what I am saying is that they're a damn sight better than the price would lead you to believe.

HTH.

My son has just done 3 weeks in a Gelert Solo and says that, for its size, it's quite good value for money. Very small, there's really only room for yourself and your most prized possessions, but it's easy to put up, comfortable and keeps the rain out. Packs very small and light (about 1.5 kilo), can easily fit in a small pannier.

skmc1955

ch3 said:
Thanks Renard, must appreciated.

skmc1955 -> where did you get it so cheap? Everywhere on the internet is listed for more than 170 pounds.
outdoor action online, but I notice it,s now going for £135,(13/07/09) I,ve ha
34qn679.jpg
d mine a couple of months.

jay clock

Massive member
I have a T2 Ultralight Pro and used it in France for a tour in May. Excellent tent and ideal for one person. Room inside for me plus all my kit but I actually left the panniers in the porch. See here for the full low down www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/france2009

Of particular benefit is that the whole thing is tiny when packed, and that the base is strong enough to use without an extra grounsheet (but I used my bike bag as I had it with me)

sibluenose

For that budget I would go for a Vango Spectre 200, it offers more headroom in it than the Banshee 200 and I think it is a much better tent (although a little heavier). You can pitch the Spectre with fly and groundsheet simultaneously, a great advantage in this country. The ultimate solo tent is the Hilleberg Akto but at £200.00 plus this is well over budget.

Not these days I don't think, sibluenose. The Akto, while still a fantastic tent, has more competition than it used to.

I love mine though.

Top Bottom