One more bike....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...but this one is for the wife. We are now at 12 bikes between 4 people.

trek-trek-73-fx-2012-womens-hybrid-bike.jpg

Trek 7.3 WSD
It came with fenders,water bottle and cage, front and rear lights.

I was looking at the Trek UK page and it retails for about 500 pounds plus VAT here in Canada it cost $750.00 tax included, you people are getting ripped off.

MattHB

Proud Daddy
I was looking at the Trek UK page and it retails for about 500 pounds plus VAT here in Canada it cost $750.00 tax included, you people are getting ripped off.

Oh we're quite used to that

runner

Guru
...but this one is for the wife. We are now at 12 bikes between 4 people.

trek-trek-73-fx-2012-womens-hybrid-bike.jpg

Trek 7.3 WSD
It came with fenders,water bottle and cage, front and rear lights.

$750 Canadian...is equal to £476 GBP....at Evans the bike sells for £450 (inclusive of vat)
http://www.evanscycles.com/products...oogle&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=froogle
so where's the rip off?

$750 Canadian...is equal to £476 GBP....at Evans the bike sells for £450 (inclusive of vat)
http://www.evanscycles.com/products...oogle&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=froogle
so where's the rip off?

I was looking at the prices on the Canadian and UK Trek web pages. The bike is advertised for £500 . If you paid £500 for a bike worth £450 i think you just got ripped off £50.

When you compare the price of the bike on the US and Canadian pages we are getting ripped off too. Bike cost $20 more in Canada but the US dollar and Canadian Dollar are about equal have have been for a while. (and shipping should be the same to both destinations).

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
.. We are now at 12 bikes between 4 people.

I like that ratio ^_^ There is only 6 bikes to 4 people in my house but I have 3 just for me :whistle:

I keep threatening my wife with a second bike for my 9yr old son but she is adamant that this will not happen! I don't see how she can deprive him in this way? Every young boy surely deserve a road bike as well as an MTB don't they?

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I think full-time commuters should have two bikes at all times.

Often I've found the odd maintenance issue develop mid-week and I can't be arsed fixing it mid-evening so I'll jump on the other bike the next morning. Sort out out maintenance on weekend.

Um, UK list price includes VAT. So that price is actually £416 + VAT

Now who's getting ripped off (well, still us with huge taxes funding sporting events)

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
I'm working on that one too! I reckon once the boys are bigger we can share a decent BMX. It's something I have always wanted but never owned (yet). That would complete my personal stable with one of each, a hybrid, a road bike, an MTB and a BMX :thumbsup:

no recumbent yet though! lol or a brox!!

i have 1 bike, im scouting ebay for local cheap bikes i can fix up but none have come up yet in my size! lovely orbea tarmac just around the corner but way to small (54 cm, i need a 58 minimum!)

Top Bottom