One of my pet hates re pro-helmeteers....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
How's this?

Attachments

• dog.jpg
    dog.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 85

Drago

Legendary Member
Has she got her hand up that dogs exhaust like he's Orville or something?

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Another pet hate about pro-helmet crusaders; of whom one of my cycling buddies is one..... I warned him weeks ago about a large bulge in the sidewall of one of his tyres - it looked ready to pop at any time, and as he is quite a high mileage rider I thought it would be a wise move to change the tyre. But no, he kept riding on it for several hundred miles and today the inevitable happened; the tyre blew out. Fortunately it was on the rear wheel and happened at low speed so he stayed on the bike - but that was just good luck. What is it with riders who lecture me about wearing a helmet, yet they feel it is ok to neglect obvious safety issues like a bulge in a tyre?? Do they feel invincible because of a thin plastic shell perched on their head?

simongt

Guru
When I was knocked off my bike by being rear ended by a car back in April; a completely unforseen and unpredectable event, I was as is my habit, wearing a bash hat. My journey from the actual impact to lying on the road is still a complete blank, so thus this proves that it isn't always possible to 'control' one's fall from a bike in such circumstances. My bash hat was trashed and I ended up with nothing worse that a broken hip joint but the fact that my bash hat was trashed is evidence in itself.
'Nuff said.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
[QUOTE 5260460, member: 10119"]Less likely to get covered in oil from the chain, being on the side away from the vehicles if you're getting on ready to set off?[/QUOTE]
oh... strange how i don't get covered in oil from my chain when pushing my bike. And i've always mounted my bike from the drive side, without incident.. so the question remains. Why?

Top Bottom