One of the many pleasures....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herbie

Veteran
.... when commuting by bike is coming across a backed up queue of cars etc. - the longer the better - and thinking ' Ah, a queue ' and just carry on pedalling past the lot of them - !:wahhey:
Mine too

The open road with plenty of time and no worries.

Something like this:

Pyr015.jpg

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Food tastes better because you have earned it.

20160530_163416_zpsasylouzi.jpg

Karlt

.... when commuting by bike is coming across a backed up queue of cars etc. - the longer the better - and thinking ' Ah, a queue ' and just carry on pedalling past the lot of them - !:wahhey:

Nah. The worst and longest queues on my commute occur on a bloody great long hill. Either I'm going up and working too hard to enjoy passing the buggers, or I could be doing just south of 40mph except that that's way too fast for filtering so I'm braking all the way down at 15.

OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
Or a big puddle when it is warm and sunny and you can do the legs in the air "weeeee" moment!
Did that once at a local spot called Shotesham Ford. I say 'ford', it's probably about twenty feet wide. Gentle hills going down from both directions, warm sunny day, so ANY cyclist with even the weeniest sense of adventure / silliness is going to go at the ford full tilt aren't they - ? And that's just what I did. As I was negotiating the gentle curve that the road took through the water, I suddenly realised during my 'cool' lean that the ford bed was covered in lichen. And yes, you're ahead of me - SPLAT - ! One very wet cyclist later - at least my girlfriend of the time and the many others enjoying the cool waters had a good laugh - !:laugh:

Top Bottom