One of the many pleasures....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clid61

Veteran
Freedom.......

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I like using a new segregated cycle lane along Clarence Road in Bristol on my commute to work. Beats the other side of the river - York Road - which is always jammed with solid traffic. On my way home, I smile politely at all the cars stuck along the road waiting to get out at the traffic lights^_^.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I like using a new segregated cycle lane along Clarence Road in Bristol on my commute to work. Beats the other side of the river - York Road - which is always jammed with solid traffic. On my way home, I smile politely at all the cars stuck along the road waiting to get out at the traffic lights^_^.
Cool. Have they connected the Bedminster Bridge end to something other than a high kerb now?

As mentioned by others; another pleasure is the ability to simply stop almost wherever the mood takes you to - admire a view from the small bridge over an abandoned railway line which nature is fast claiming back / picking blackberries from that bush which motorists can't stop to take advantage / watching hares 'boxing' in a field - shall I go on - ? :thumbsup:

Glad it's not just me who stops for disused railway bridges!

Gatley lass

Über Member
My commute starts through the park then I pass the lollipop man who says hello every morning. Next is the stretch along the river and then past the queues of car to work. Perfect

macp

Guru
I often stop on bridges and watch the traffic, especially if its all backed up.
Did that yesterday, I get some kind of innate pleasure from it. I did 50mls yesterday and most of it was spent just enjoying being out and enjoying the scenery. Also the pleasure of taking a lane just because its going in roughly the right direction and you have never been down it.

united4ever

Über Member
consistency in journey time and having some control over this (by pedalling faster). I know p******* happen but, much more than other transport forms, my journey to work takes almost exactly the same time each day so I can plan when to leave by the minute. The car journey is so much more variable and public transport too.

Top Bottom