One of the many pleasures....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Cycling past the line of cars, hopping onto the off-road cyclepath and still moving;not having to deal with the frustration of gridlock, listening to nature, seeing things that car commuting doesn't get you like some of the vistas Bristol and environs have to offer. Spectacular views that you miss in a car, and if you wanted to stop, you have to find a parking space, maybe pay for it etc. On my bike, I just stop..^_^.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Gentle hills going down from both directions, warm sunny day, so ANY cyclist with even the weeniest sense of adventure / silliness is going to go at the ford full tilt aren't they - ?
Nope. Too many fords here have big rocks in the bottom - Sculthorpe Mill, South Acre and West Acre are all tractor/big-4x4-only fords I think, while Walsingham can get too deep for cars. That said, it's slightly amusing when a small car follows you towards a ford, ignoring the "Unsuitable for motors" signs, then you all cycle over a small bridge bypassing the ford while they reverse back to the previous junction... :thumbsup:

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
kingsdown?
Yep, just by the Zetland Arms.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
For me, one of the small but enjoyable pleasures is the freedom to stop.

Seeing the pub in Dulwich has some spare tables outside in the sun(although right now its closed for refurb), just stop .

Want to take a photo, just stop

Coffee

Chat

Make a call

Reply to a message

When I ride the motorbike or drive, I can never just stop, I miss loads of opportunities to "Smell the roses" just because I literally cant stop.

OP
OP
simongt

simongt

Guru
As mentioned by others; another pleasure is the ability to simply stop almost wherever the mood takes you to - admire a view from the small bridge over an abandoned railway line which nature is fast claiming back / picking blackberries from that bush which motorists can't stop to take advantage / watching hares 'boxing' in a field - shall I go on - ? :thumbsup:

Top Bottom