Online cycling clothing and accessories - recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

foxyp

My husband is starting to increase his cycling by quite a lot (cycled 22 miles this morning with our neighbour) so is finding he needs extra/proper kit such as padded shorts, sunglasses etc. I was thinking of buying an online gift card for Father's Day, but despite researching I can't decide which online retailer is the best. Some charge a fortune for delivery, some charge a lot for returns etc. Any recommendations? It could be a high street store that also sells online. Thanks so much!

rivers

How far can I go?
wiggle tends to be pretty good. most of my shorts and jerseys are from their dhb classic and aeron collections

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Hi Foxyp and welcome to the forum :hello:

I'm confused :wacko: You want to buy your husband something for fathers day, surely that's illegal?

Joking aside, it's a minefield. It might be better just to put the cash inside a card and let him choose his own supplier. What I can definitely recommend is that you sign him up as a member here on the forum, that way he won't have to keep boring you with all his cycling talk.... :laugh:

Now, about his username @Outfoxed, or @MightyP?

Tricksie1

I suppose it depends if he wants high end stuff or not. I've bought from Planet X, Wiggle and Decathlon. Whilst Planet X is probably the cheapest it is still pretty functional. I've had a couple of pairs of bib shorts from them and they lasted me 4,500 miles. The higher end stuff at Decathlon is pretty good, too and you have the option of the high street as well as online. Wiggle is, imo, a step above both - in quality and price. If he's gonna be cycling in the summer, it's likely he will want shirts that wick properly so I would be tempted by Wiggle or Decathlon. Wiggle has a bigger range of stuff. That said, he'd probably be getting a bigger bang for his buck at Planet X.

iluvmybike

Über Member
My partners fave cycling clothing retailer. It's great stuff too.
Both myself & hubby have their kit for summer and winter. The winter 'climb & conquer' stuff saw us both through the worst of winter. I love the fit of the ladies jerseys too and the choice of great designs

Another Stolen Goat fan here. I have two ss Orkaan Everyday jerseys and have just bought a ls one. Water resistant, wind resistant, but very breathable. With one thin base layer I’ve found they work well in the 10 to 15 degree range. The ‘everyday’ tag says it all, I no longer need to agonise too much about the weather forecast, if I meet light to moderate rain I don’t have to stop to don a waterproof. They don’t overheat on the climbs and they don’t chill on the descents. I’ve been using my first ss jersey for a year now and it’s standing the test of time well. And their designs are fantastic.

Stolen Goat are also one of my favourites, bought the Orkaan and sold my Gabba as it's better, another good British company is Galibier, really good prices and great customer service.

The Orkaan is made for Stolen Goat by Bioracer who are Belgian, takes nothing away from SG’s reputation for customer service but does show how borders can be blurred.

Top Bottom