Online meat order agony.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I ordered some stuff from an online butchers as they get more unique products & exotic meats. DPD had a delay even though the depot wasn’t very far away. Should have arrived yesterday, they’re not working today. If I receive tomorrow I’m not comfortable with meat been sat in a depot all weekend. If they’ve used foil and ice packs the ice will have melted off. The poor delivery services are causing businesses to lose money. I may ask for a refund and give the meat produce to next doors dogs.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Oh come on! It'll be well hung* and delicious as a result! Loosen up, says a pescatarian. I hope you don't mean bush meat by your "unique and exotic" reference?

* As an impecunious but omnivorous student, back in Lincoln from Manchester for the weekend, ready to buy some excellent Lincolnshire sausages, I heard a snooty woman ask the butcher whether her beef joint was "well hung". You can imagine my response!

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
You can get bush meat. Some of it is Elk and veal. There’s also a few kg of Ox and lambs liver. Not sure if that will be ok. I need that to recover from over time & Zwift.

vickster

Legendary Member
You can get bush meat. Some of it is Elk and veal. There’s also a few kg of Ox and lambs liver. Not sure if that will be ok. I need that to recover from over time & Zwift.

How is veal exotic or bushmeat? :wacko:
Hopefully it’s at least been humanely raised (as often not the case)!

If it is prepacked and in an insulated pack and the box also has dry ice it may well be OK, just use your cooking thermometer to test core temperature, if it's still below 5°C it'll be fine.

Slick

Guru
Hopefully…

I've always thought it a bit of an oxymoron myself, but I could be wrong.

I live beside a farm and am reasonably friendly with a couple of them, and they openly discuss it.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Funny story for you.
One year a customer of ours sent one of our managers a whole smoked salmon in the post for Christmas as a thank you. It arrived on Christmas Eve, no one in the post room knew what it was and the employee wasn’t in that day to take it home.
We certainly all knew about it when everyone returned to the office on 2nd Jan.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
How is veal exotic or bushmeat? :wacko:
Hopefully it’s at least been humanely raised (as often not the case)!

I didn’t order anything exotic but they do have crocodiles, kangaroos, horses, different types of dear including reindeer, wild Boar etc. They occasionally get Zebra but will quickly become out of stock. They adhere to EU laws & lots of it is sustainably, humanly hunted.

vickster

Legendary Member
I didn’t order anything exotic but they do have crocodiles, kangaroos, horses, different types of dear including reindeer, wild Boar etc. They occasionally get Zebra but will quickly become out of stock. They adhere to EU laws & lots of it is sustainably, humanly hunted.

Old dear too? ;)

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
:ohmy:

Reading that makes me consider going back to vegetarianism. 🥬🥕🥦🧄🤔

Top Bottom