Online Research Project for Coaches- Participants Needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HeatherParker

Coaches, I am a researcher in the Department of Sport and Physical Activity at Edge Hill University and I’m currently undertaking a research project to determine the nutritional and physiological knowledge of coaches. We need as many coaches as possible to participate in our study! Coaches of any sport can participate, you just have to be 18 or over with at least one recognised coaching qualification. All that's involved is for coaches to complete a short online survey which will take approximately 15 minutes for your time.

There is 6 pages overall:
Pages 1 & 2: Are information page and consent form
Page 3: Basic information
Page 4: Nutritional section (15 true or false questions)
Page 5: Physiological section (9 multiple choice questions)
Page 6: Thank you page!
Please click on the following link to access the survey: http://surveys.edgehill.ac.uk/nutrition_knowledge

If you are a coach we would very much appreciate your participation in order for us to better understand this important issue. Many thanks for your time!

Heather Parker

Arsen Gere

Über Member
Done it, but I remember thinking question 24 needs a 'Not Applicable' option.
Some of the physics stuff I don't keep in my head and would have to look up, so I've chosen other and put in a comment of 'No Idea' instead of resorting to google. As a constructive criticism I am not sure what results you will yield without a 'I don't know option', if you want make people guess answers then an 'other' option has dubious value.
HTH

OP
OP
H

HeatherParker

Thanks very much for completing the survey, it is much appreciated! :smile: I understand your view, the physiology section of the project is based on a previous research paper which I replicated and improved from their limitations. If further comments come through stating similar issues then I shall make sure to write this up in my limitations and future research possibilities. Hope this helps and thanks again! :smile:

Top Bottom