Only 92p a week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Red and everyone had one or wanted one,great for carrying your mates pillion on the back...bad for your crown jewels with that gear stick though.
I hate the colour red aswell...sold a red bike because I didn't like the colour 🙄

presta

Guru
I was too old!
I believe the Chopper was launched in 1969 - The photo in my current avatar photo was taken in 1969.

I don't think the Chopper would have been ideal for the E8 25mile TT course.

I was the right sort of age to get taken in by gimmicks but my father wasn't, so I didn't get one. My father grew up during the great depression and considered himself to be lucky to have anything, so he regarded fashion as a waste of money.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I had to make do with Raleigh Commando.

My cousin had a red one. At some point he welded for extensions onto it and moved the B shell up the lower tube towards the handlebars and made it a real laid back cruiser. It still handled terribly but looked even cooler.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
when we all got into "racers"

I got rid of the Chopper and Grifter for a Coventry Eagle racer.

D

Deleted member 26715

Golden Yellow MK1, although it claimed to only have 3 gears, if you tied a bungy chord around the gearshift & pulled it back towards the seat you found the secret 4th gear.

Sharky

Guru
I was the right sort of age to get taken in by gimmicks but my father wasn't, so I didn't get one. My father grew up during the great depression and considered himself to be lucky to have anything, so he regarded fashion as a waste of money.

My dad made me do with a Hill Special fixed gear, when I was 10!

I was too young for a chopper, but I remember my mum tut tut tutting every time she saw one, saying they were dangerous. Wouldn't mind having a go on one, just to see what they're actually like.

The bikes I had were either hand-me-downs or skip specials - kiddies bikes and shopping bikes mainly, and one rather nice French or Belgian single speed that I now deeply regret moving on.

Umm, and I currently have five bikes, all of which are either red or mostly so. I loooove red bikes! :becool:

Top Bottom