Only a REAL cyclist would ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Yes I knew you'd be along! How many then?
But did you cycle every day?

Pretty sure I missed a couple of Sundays

gbb

Legendary Member
lol ... I should have explained it was a fun thread meant to solicit a series of ... Only a REAL cyclist would ... from everyone else ...

So now I've explained it a bit - Only a REAL cyclist would ...
Ive been meaning to create a post like this, based on reading Dave Barters book..obsessive compulsive cycling disorder..chapter called 'the knowledge', where despite all adversity, discomfort etc etc, a REAL cyclist will laugh in the face of it all.
This post beat me to it, so mine is...
cycling a few years ago, summers day, about 32 degrees, incrediby hot for here, 50 miler, hard as I could, sweat pouring out of me, tyres scrunching in the pools of melting tarmac and gravel, absolutely flying along with a huge grin all over my face.

Second, opposite weather..blizzard conditions, commute to work at 6.30am, hood pulled over my head, tiny slits for my eyes, head down against wind and heavy snow..snow is maybe 6 inches deep, standing on the pedals, work work work, concentrate on my balance and not slipping...cars slowly moving around...I beat it ^_^?.i beat the worst weather and loved it. Photo of the snow covered bike was posted at the time..i looked equally white :laugh:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
In my experience...only a REAL cyclist...will stubbornly ride against the wishes of his cold-carrying body in horizontal rain and then spend three days recovering in bed being nursed by his wife. During this time, he will miss some great riding weather. Fool!

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
.... ride 6 miles to the start of a 227 mile loop then ride back home when it's finished.... (A mate of mine before we rode to Skegness and back in 2012)

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Ive been meaning to create a post like this, based on reading Dave Barters book..obsessive compulsive cycling disorder..chapter called 'the knowledge', where despite all adversity, discomfort etc etc, a REAL cyclist will laugh in the face of it all.
This post beat me to it, so mine is...
cycling a few years ago, summers day, about 32 degrees, incrediby hot for here, 50 miler, hard as I could, sweat pouring out of me, tyres scrunching in the pools of melting tarmac and gravel, absolutely flying along with a huge grin all over my face.

Second, opposite weather..blizzard conditions, commute to work at 6.30am, hood pulled over my head, tiny slits for my eyes, head down against wind and heavy snow..snow is maybe 6 inches deep, standing on the pedals, work work work, concentrate on my balance and not slipping...cars slowly moving around...I beat it ^_^?.i beat the worst weather and loved it. Photo of the snow covered bike was posted at the time..i looked equally white :laugh:
Agreed :smile:. You know you're hooked when weather doesn't determine whether you start the ride or not, but only what you wear.

Top Bottom