oops,...er, I thought it said 'computing'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:scratch:
Macintosh%2C_Google_NY_office_computer_museum.jpg

DrLex

merely the moocher
Nice original unit, but wrong external drive for the period.
/geek

topic_iphone_4.png

Attachments

• topic_iphone_4.png
    topic_iphone_4.png
    124.5 KB · Views: 63
  • topic_iphone_4.png
    topic_iphone_4.png
    124.5 KB · Views: 64
OP
OP
Grant Fondo
[QUOTE 4512355, member: 45"]This was my first....

PRODPIC-423.jpg
[/QUOTE]
What a great design!

Attachments

• PRODPIC-423.jpg
    PRODPIC-423.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 54
  • PRODPIC-423.jpg
    PRODPIC-423.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 46

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I have some intel 486DX & SX II machines lurking somewhere in my shed... I broke one in my youth got it working again in my 20s then broke it again not long after that

freiston

Veteran
I started with an old Amstrad 8086 - came with an upgraded 20MB HDD and a 3½" floppy drive - but this was in 1998 when everyone else was loading WIN95 onto their Pentium II systems - I upgraded from DOS 3.2 to DOS 5. Not long afterwards, I managed to lay my hands on a 486SX base unit and spent over £100 on a 14" or 15" colour CRT monitor to go with it!

My brother had the Spectrum 32K and next Christmas I got the superior, Lol, Commodore 64; he was well jealous. The spectrum got nicked, the insurance got him a Spectrum + (128k if I remember rightly) and for a while he was happy. Lol, then I got the Amiga.
Jumping on a few years, my first year in college I had a work placement so I saved up and got a PC; by the time I'd saved up the P66, P75 (and probably a few others had all gone). Which was good for me I got a 'all singing, all dancing' P90 and at uni I upgraded its RAM to 16mb :ohmy:. 5 years or so later I was in full time work and got my self a phone, a Nokia 6230 IIRC and it had a faster processor, more ram and a bigger storage but was probably about 10x less in cost and 100x smaller :laugh:

Top Bottom