Oops - I did it again! Optima Lynxx

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Falco Frank

Falco Frank

Über Member
Hi @PaulM , thanks for asking!

Been doing regular hour stints on the turbo due to the chronic weather up here of late but a couple of short rides have shown there is NO SUBSTITUTE, road riding!!!

Ive changed to the lowest possible seating position now and find it more comfortable, the suspension is good, thought it too soft but does its job fine and I forget about it on the move. Gearing and ride are MUCH better than my Toxy TT but the steering is SO nervous at lower speeds that Ive bought a wider Schwalbe road crusier 20" x 1.75 for the front to try asap.

For some reason I'm finding my feet slipping of the flat pedals so will be swapping to clips soon, bagged a nice ebay bargain of some Shimano AM9 MTB shoes that are very cumfy.

Next issue is a location for a water bottle cage. None supplied, tried a velcro on unit and found it lacking, might see if I can strap a camelbak onto the seat somehow...

Which leads onto a final winge of the seat pad. A Ventisit type design (I think) but with no cover, so I'm sat on the cell structure, which is good , as I have not been 'sweaty' at all (yet) but the edges are very irritating on bare skin (neck and legs) - a single layer of clothing in the areas cures the problem totally. I might trim the 90° edges down - if summer ever arrives this year!!!

Ciao

Last edited:
Top Bottom