Oops I've just bought a Telescope!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
of course we believe you are star gazing :smile:
1577518192015.png

Don't leave it pointing up, it might concentrate the sun's rays and burn your house down..
That almost happened to a car once . The owner came into the garage with strange burn marks tracking across the headlining of his car .
He had left a wall mirror on his back seat in a car park . The position of the mirror and shape of the windows must have been such that it focussed the Sun's rays into a point on the headling.
It was interesting to see how the Sun had tracked across the roof and had shown the times when it was cloudy by leaving gaps .

OP
OP
simon the viking
Too much cloud this morning to get anything... set the alarm got out of bed... looked out the window and went straight back to bed..

Looks a bit clearer tonight

Went shopping in Derby in the sales earlier with Little V and Mrs V and our normal practice is to split up and take it in turns to have Little V with us, whilst I was 'going solo' armed with my Christmas work bonus and a bit of Pressie money.. and I was not being inspired by clothes and didn't really need anything cycling related (and the bonus wasn't bike sized) I spotted a telescope in the sales.... after a quick reality check with Mrs V (due to the size of it rather than the cost) I bought it.

I have achieved a lifelong ambition to own a decent (ish) telescope rather than the tiny toy type ones I've had.

Technical spec is 700mm x 76mm Reflector scope, there was a slightly more expensive 900mm Refractor in the frame but opted for the brighter image a reflector gives it comes with 2 different strength eye pieces and a 3X Barlow lens... here it is and please if there are any serious astronomers on cc please dont slag it off too much!

Hope the cloud clears the ISS is coming overhead tomorrow morning.

Edit: it was by the way bought totally on impulse.... This morning the idea wasn't anywhere in my head...

View attachment 498035
Reckon you will see some good stuff, but get somewhere v dark! Moons of Jupiter, some good nebulae, try just under Orions belt and the Pleides. Good luck and stay warm :okay:

Top Bottom