Oops my finger slipped.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Hmmm ive developed a dirty habit again .keep looking at canyon on incogneto page ..
its only a matter of time before im cought holding it in my hands and blushing..I cant help it love..please forgive me, that'll work , but its her birthday in a couple of weeks so I need to wait until April or im done for, all about timing

Ladies look away from the screen now.

:okay: OK guys, the secret is this. ALWAYS buy the same colour bike. You can explain away any differences SHE, who must be obeyed, spots is that you've swapped the handlebars/brakes/saddle?whatever (And this is important!) for one you had in the shed anyway. :cheers:
I was told this by a friend of mine a few years ago...tried it...the wife didn't notice the difference but my son gave it away..."Daddy, I like Planet X...what happened to Colnago?" No amount of shushing would do it and I was undone! I'm frightened to bring the SAB into the house...even though they're all black and white - my wife wouldn't notice but eagle-eye will!

I was told this by a friend of mine a few years ago...tried it...the wife didn't notice the difference but my son gave it away..."Daddy, I like Planet X...what happened to Colnago?" No amount of shushing would do it and I was undone! I'm frightened to bring the SAB into the house...even though they're all black and white - my wife wouldn't notice but eagle-eye will!

This calls for Operations Maddof - long and tiring process might just do the job. Take wheels of the new bike and put it on the old. Ride the bike. Following week , the brakes, the week after the front and rear mech, and in time all the new components including seat, stem etc gets on the old bike. The old bikes gets ridden week after week to keep appearance. Phase 11, when the new frame appears (mind you its not a new bike, its a frame).

16 weeks there is an N+1 but eagle eyed is bored and thinks that you are fiddling with parts.

andyfraser

Über Member
In my case, I can have as many bikes as I want as long as I can afford them and there's space in the shed for them. I'm going to need a bigger shed.

pauldavid

Veteran
Whilst idly sat drinking a nice bottle of red and trying to ignore the tv last night I accidentally ordered myself the Planet X Pro Carbon Tiagra thats been on offer recently. My good lady was away for a night out with the girls so wasn't available to consult over finances and timing of this purchase.:hyper:

Now, when I went to bed full of wine and lovely thoughts of my first carbon bike all seemed good with the world but this morning is different.:tired:

I'm picking her up from the train station at about 2 this afternoon, think I might buy her some flowers so she knows how much I love her. :rose:

Oh, and does anyone know where I can buy one of those face guards boxers use on a sunday?:B)

screenman

Legendary Member
Fine if it is disposable income, one of our no longer club members got his family into debt buying bikes. I also think the C2W has made debt for many people who do not ride the bikes they bought on it.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
I'm now on 4, working on a 5th bike. My wife simply said I can have as many as I like...as long as I buy a house big enough to fit them. My current collection is limited by shed space....

...I need to get my arse in gear and move house. ;)

Top Bottom