Open to Offas Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Left to Right

TC, Matthew, Cheshire Celt (Shaun), Rob, Dennis, Mick the Quick

CC-03.jpg
Why do we all have the same knees?

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
Glad you all had a good time! On the question of ascent I did the route 3 times (see how much we love you?) with a Garmin 800. Each time the built-in barometer recorded the ascent in the region of 994 - 1,000 metres which is about 3,300 feet.

Cheshire Celt

Legend
I had a great time thank you to all surprised how good my legs feel this morning , Lesson one when your going up ahill you need to get some speed up before to try clip back in lol . As much as I hated Andy during parts of the ride he's nice guy lol . The favourite saying of the day there's only one more hill he should have a nose like Pinocchio .

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Hey ya young whippet where's the vid
Just saving it now. It will be up in about 45 mins because Youtube takes ages to upload.

OP
OP
pubrunner

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Great video, Matthew !

I didn't realise, that Rob was actually crazy enough to cycle through the ford :eek:. I'd never have done it, 'cos it's quite deep . . . and it might not have done the bearings any good. I might have a go on a mountain bike, but never on a skinny-tired road bike.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I didn't realise, that Rob was actually crazy enough to cycle through the ford :eek:. I'd never have done it, 'cos it's quite deep . . . and it might not have done the bearings any good. I might have a go on a mountain bike, but never on a skinny-tired road bike.
I asked Rob if he had slim on his wheels after and he just said that his shoes were a bit wet now because it was deeper than he thought.

Top Bottom