Open to Offas Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm a definite no as well. Next time. I look forward to the pics and ride report. Don't let LD eat too much cake, he can't handle it. And remind him he's driving!

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Pubs, are you happy for me to bring my camera and I will post a post-ride vid up on here later? On the day, if someone doesnt want me to do it, then I wont (please the crowd).

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Yes, you do that; I'm all for you tiring yourself out, before we start. That we, I might be able to keep up.

Ha. I'm going to be slow on this one, because a) I've got the SLOW bike - mudguards n everything - and b) I've got no legs left after living in mid-Wales for nearly a week. These hills are taking the piss. Yesterday I made the mistake of taking a Sustrans route out of Knighton. It's so inaccessible up there that a Bond villain has clearly set up shop, confident that no-one will ever get near enough to check it out - the front is an asteroid research observatory. Yeah right.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Good grief - TC has had enough of hills alert! So, it's so high where you are, you have SNOW??

Let's just say I don't go anywhere without the dog...

Alpine+Climbers+3.jpg

Doseone

Guru
OP
OP
pubrunner

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Pubs, are you happy for me to bring my camera and I will post a post-ride vid up on here later? On the day, if someone doesnt want me to do it, then I wont (please the crowd).

It is 1.30 am, I've just got in from the pub . . .

Feel free to bring a camera - I'll be taking two.

Post-ride vid - of what ? Or do you mean that you are taking a video whilst enroute ?

lukesdad

Unfortunately Ive not been well overnight, so will not be attending today. have a good ride and save me a bit of cake till next time.

Cheshire Celt

Legend
God there dropping like files get well soon

OP
OP
pubrunner

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Unfortunately Ive not been well overnight, so will not be attending today. have a good ride and save me a bit of cake till next time.

Sorry to hear that, LD . Never mind, I'll see you on the next one . . . . . . .

Oh ! I almost forgot Rich has had a cracking idea for a ' monument' in mid wales in october. More of this when I see yers all.

I'd like details of this . . .

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Thanks to ever one today for making me feel very welcome I had my eyes opened today but I stuck with it longest and hardest ride for me so far 46 miles

Nice to meet you, Shaun. Likewise Matthew, Mick the Quick (worra legend - he's beaten Tommy Simpson and Beryl Burton has stayed at his house!), Rob and Dennis. And thanks Pubbers for a nice route. If a trifle hilly and with lots of lying about hills! TMN would have killed you. The descent from the pub was a winner, but I was feeling the uphills in the heat, what with the tired mid-Welsh legs this week and the sub-optimal bike. Great cafe and nice boozer - but if I'd started on the beers it would have all gone tits up. Literally. The ride back to Shrewsbury was fine but there was a bit of a headwind, and by the time I was near the end of the last leg home from Knighton - 2 x 2-mile climbs with a 2-mile descent in the middle - I was counting down the tenths-of-a-mile in my granniest gear. So a ton for the day for me, and only 30 of it on the flat. Actually it was about 99.7, but there was no way I was fannying around to round it up. All the animals in my care seem to have coped for the day without me, although the dogs did guilt-trip me for some extra treats. I've just remembered I am cycling to Brecon in the morning, and then on to either Swansea or Abergavenny. And I call this a holiday??? Sorry that LD, Banjo, Crax and co couldn't make it.

Top Bottom