Open to Offas Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
pubrunner

pubrunner

Legendary Member
It'll be easy to spot where I live - My house will be the one with the bike on the front.

I'm looking forward to this ride . . . might be quite warm.

OP
OP
pubrunner

pubrunner

Legendary Member
I know this comes as a shock on this forum, but I actually quite like cycling ;).

If I'm wildly early at the Cafe I'll press on to Trefonen....

Yes, you do that; I'm all for you tiring yourself out, before we start. That we, I might be able to keep up.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I am now definately coming. Got the bike carrier out for the car today and I sorted my slow puncture out today (although got a bit burnt). I might have an even slower puncture though (will find out tomorrow morning) but I have a brand new inner in my saddle bag which I might change tomorrow when I get there.

OP
OP
pubrunner

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Looking forward to this my first ride out in a group I'll try not to hold you guys up to much lol

You'll have no problems . . . it certainly ain't a race !

I've 3 or 4 non-CCers turning up - I know that them is a reasonable cyclist and that another is very reasonable :smile: :smile: :smile: . They 'know' that it is a social ride. The others, I don't know about.

I'm allowing 6 hours to do 46 miles, so the pace can be fairly sedate. I did this ride a few weeks ago, I got to 10 miles far too quickly and felt it later. The first 10 miles or so, you'll find 'easy', but 'keep a lid on it' - your legs will thank you later on ! :smile: .

You and Matthew have made a great choice for a first CC ride - if all the riders that I'm expecting actually turn up, you'll have a very interesting & memorable time. :smile: .

Top Bottom