Opera 46 browser help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Evenin' all. I am running opera the version below on windows 10.

pc.jpg

The problem I have is that my work internet is provided by satellite and shows as coming from Spain. As such when searching from the google bar in the dashboard or opening a new tab it automatically searches using google.es (spanish) and I would like to change it to google.uk.

Any advice on how to achieve this as I cannot find a way?

Cheers,

ssd.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I am still using a very old version of Opera, so the new version may work differently, but try (something like!) ...

Tools/Preferences/Search/

Manage your search engines - select Google, and Edit/Details/Address.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Evenin' all. I am running opera the version below on windows 10.

View attachment 365358

The problem I have is that my work internet is provided by satellite and shows as coming from Spain. As such when searching from the google bar in the dashboard or opening a new tab it automatically searches using google.es (spanish) and I would like to change it to google.uk.

Any advice on how to achieve this as I cannot find a way?

Cheers,

ssd.
Have a chat to your work IT. They may well have locked down the browser.

I work for a company with a German parent who provides the IT services from Germany. There's one particular piece of software I was first promised a trial version of about four years ago. Just as I leave the company this summer some of my UK colleagues are, possibly, about to get the very first proof-of-concept trial versions. One of the big hold-ups? Getting the internet to recognise that we're in the UK although our servers are in Germany.

shirokazan

Veteran
I can get into the opera folder but there is no such file listed that I can see so far.
You mean the Local State file?

Thanks Mark, good find, however it deals with win7 I'm on 10 and following the file path in that thread didn't throw up the same contents.
The. Try searching for the file default_partner_content.json if it's in a different location?

Edit

Go to opera://about to learn your path

Found it and got what looked like the lists in your original link. Tried editing but in a word doc format. Nowt changed. I'll try opening the file you sugested in a different program.
Make sure opera is closed and try opening it in notepad. I'd backup the file first though. If that doesn't work try opening notepad as administrator and then opening it from with notepad.

Top Bottom