Ophelia Watch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, looks like we escaped the worst of it. Top marks to the council for keeping it away.

Fair play to them, haven't had an asteroid strike or mass extinction for a while either.

Altho Donald Trump, Vladmir Putin, Betelgeuse and Kim Jong Un are all challenging your council's policy.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
w1508204305.gif

were getting with it at the
mo.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Didnt here a thing all night (triple glazed throughout). Opened the door just now to consider whether to commute by bike, and its pretty nasty here at the moment. Stay safe @Brandane.
Rather than lie awake wondering, I got up to investigate with the help of a CatEye Volt 400!
As suspected, a length of zinc flashing is coming away from the apex of the roof :sad:. Hopefully the wind will die down now as forecast and not rip the whole thing off; although judging by the wind while I was out, I am not confident. Had to move the car too, as it was in the line of fire if the flashing does come off.
Had similar during a storm years ago and the flashing came away. This was followed by heavy rain, which made a nice mess and resulted in an insurance claim. They won't be happy if the same happens again, and neither will I....

I am getting really, REALLY, fed up with this constant bad weather (the whole of 2017) :sad::sad::sad:.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Rather than lie awake wondering, I got up to investigate with the help of a CatEye Volt 400!
As suspected, a length of zinc flashing is coming away from the apex of the roof :sad:. Hopefully the wind will die down now as forecast and not rip the whole thing off; although judging by the wind while I was out, I am not confident. Had to move the car too, as it was in the line of fire if the flashing does come off.
Had similar during a storm years ago and the flashing came away. This was followed by heavy rain, which made a nice mess and resulted in an insurance claim. They won't be happy if the same happens again, and neither will I....

I am getting really, REALLY, fed up with this constant bad weather (the whole of 2017) :sad::sad::sad:.
They'll be waking upto upturned wheelie bins and garden furniture down South. Total devastation, the world will have ended for them.

screenman

Legendary Member
If the wind was going the other direction all the leaves that have come off the large tree in the garden would be in the back field.

Well it sounded a bit windy last night so I suppose the roads here will be filled with large 4 wheel drive vehicles being driven with no thought at high speed to clear out all the bread and milk at tesco.

I found it funny that the Tinsley viaduct had no restrictions, but the M1 gantry signs had a 3 mile speed reduction due to 'an obstruction in the road' because a copper had pulled a beemer over on the M18 link road at a point where no M1 traffic could get near.
I'm sure they just push buttons at random in the control office.

Top Bottom