Opinions needed please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stu Smith

Veteran
In your opinion what would you expect to receive in the below order.

logo.png
trans.gif

Quantity Title Estimated Delivery Date Price Each
1 Garmin Edge 500 GPS Cycle Computer - Neutral - Bicycle Computers GPS & HRM On 29th December * £117.65

trans.gif

© Copyright 2013 Bike Kit Ltd, All Rights Reserved. Registered Office: Meridian House, Gadbrook Park, Gadbrook Way, Northwich, CW9 7RA | Registered in England No.08317188
trans.gif

trans.gif
trans.gif
trans.gif

trans.gif
View our privacy policy
trans.gif

trans.gif
trans.gif
trans.gif

column.gif

OP
OP
Stu Smith

Stu Smith

Veteran
You thought exactly what I did but no. It's just the GPS unit.
When I queried this the reply was
The GPS unit is the HRM and I was confusing this with a HR sensor! The advert is very misleading.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Nope, I think it's quite clear.

HRM is a HR monitor not a sensor.

Can you give us a link to the advert of the item you saw as the 500 i found on their site has this.

Contains:

• Garmin Edge 500
  • Bike mount
  • USB cable
  • AC adaptor with UK three pin plug
  • US two pin and Europe/Shaver two pin adapters (Australian customers can use the USB to charge the unit via their computer)
  • Manual

Booyaa

Veteran
Looks fine to be honest but I guess to the uninitiated the HR monitor would be the band. I don't think it's misleading just the terminology needs to be understood.

Booyaa

Veteran
I guess it is a bit like buying a full bike but it not coming with pedals. Most people would think that buying a bike from Evans or the like would come with pedals but my experience is that most don't as standard.

OP
OP
Stu Smith

Stu Smith

Veteran
Fair comment Booyaa.
The last Garmin I bought was a Forerunner 305 in 2011 which was advertised the same and I received the Heart rate Sensor.

When digging a little deeper the contents part of the advert does not mention heart rate sensor.

Top Bottom